A Pen Swap

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
My Australian friends asked me to participate in a pen swap and I thought UK members here might like to take part.

I can tell you from my own experience its a great country to have and make friends.

So here is the copy of my private messages.
with the ubeaut Australian forum.

Qote Re: Pen Swap 2008 February

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jow104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simomatra
G'day John

As you are interested in the pen making I thought I would extend to you an invitation to participate in the up coming pen swap. Its open to all pen turners, new or old good or bad

Regards
Sam

Sam, sincere thanks for the invitation.
I dont expect to get out to the workshop for another 8 weeks, winter up here, and unheated workshop, plus I havent purchased a turning set up yet. To be honest I am waiting for someone in the UK who is dropping out and I will most probably come into turning that way.

John

Thanks John
Forgot about the cold long time since I was in the UK. Look forward to seeing your turnings when you start

If you know any locals over there that want in please invite them. Trying to get this of the ground internationally

Cheers Sam

john, i have done many swaps and it is fun to do.especialy when you think you are good and receive a pen which is done better, you know where you have gone wrong and it spurs you on to be a better pen turner. thanks for the post.

I am also a member of this forum and i am going to do the pen swap. It should be fun. The idea is that where possible you will partner someone from overseas that way you should get a better mix of pens and woods used.

Back