5mm guide bush ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dog if you've got 5mm o/d,then3mm i/d.with clearance it's going to leave you 2mm.What cutter you going to put in?.

That's a point. I think I need to rethink this. I had wanted to use a template which would work well with a guide bush less than 10mm but had not taken the bit size into consideration so I think I'll try routing freehand without the template. The bit I wanted to use was a 3mm straight flute but 3mm, as you correctly point out, is not going to work with a 5mm bush.

Dog, what's wrong with using a bigger bush? The tightest corner you will get will be 1.5mm rad whatever bush you use, it just needs the right template to go with it. What are you trying to achieve?

S

The template I had in mind has a lot of tight angles and I thought using a small guide bush would enable me to get as far into the angles as possible but as with everything in this life it helps to think things through thoroughly and I realise that the template design is not router friendly as it is. I'll do it freehand and post the result when finished.

Just out of interest, can you actually get small guide bushes ?

Back