57-2 Dremel Moto-Shop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgrbff

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with this fretsaw?
I'd only buy it for occasional use. There is one available locally for £50ish and I'm guessing it may be better built than anything current at that sort of price.
Unfortunately its 115V.

I wouldn't bother, to the extent it is almost tiresome to explain why.

Yes, it's 3" blades. You won't have any problems getting them online, you'll likely struggle getting them locally and/or in a hurry. However, they are quite spendy and you won't have a great selection available in terms of TPI or material to be cut. Looking online no-name 3" blades cost more than best of breed 5" blades even by the dozen, much more expensive than those same blades by the gross. The Dremel blades are twice the price of even the no-names.

It's a sprung top arm model. Those are mostly older and lighter duty models. They have their place but...

It's big. The other sprung arm models, e.g. from Aeropiccola or Spiralux at least have the virtue of compact size. Obviously that limits the size of component you can cut but you can put them back in the cupboard when done. This is basically the size of a regular scroll saw. Where's the benefit?

Forget perceptions build quality, I'd strongly prefer a random 16" throat, 5" blade saw you regularly see for £20 used on ebay. For £50, well for perhaps £20 more the likes of Aldi and Lidl regularly have new saws going new with three year warranties.

Haven't seen anything, including the parkside here, for less than around €150. I agree, the 3" is probably more trouble than it is worth. Even a very rusty Delta I saw this morning was €158 pluss shipping. It is a very different market here. People get an idea in their head they want £X and they'd rather keep it in the garage than sell it for less.

think thats bad.....
u wanna try buying tractors and equipment in Frogland....
quite a few farmer's there I arranged for them to buy tractors in the UK...good for export.....

think thats bad.....
u wanna try buying tractors and equipment in Frogland....
quite a few farmer's there I arranged for them to buy tractors in the UK...good for export.....
When I lived in Ireland, in the 90's, I bought my John Deere ride-on from just outside Venice. It was half the price of Dublin Grass.

Back