3hp Single Phase Motor - Wadkin

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonsafari69

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know enough about a Wadkin AGS-10 Tablesaw to offer advice about a new 3hp Single Phase motor and where to get a good one? Or do you have a spare motor that you would sell?

Check that your wadkin is fitted with a modern metric 3 phase motor before buying a new motor. Otherwise you will have a number of significant mechanical issues fitting the new one. There are a few sellers selling imperial motors if your machine is an old one but these are hideously expensive compared to metric motors.

Moonsafari69":4qale3zo said:
Thanks. Have you had a good experience using Motors-Direct Robin?

Yes Ive bought a few motors from them, a 5kw and a 7.5kw both been fine.

They gave me options of Chinesd or I think Australian -there wasnt much difference in price.

Next day delivery as well.

Obviously heed comments by myfordman

The suitability of this method also depends on the the motor type.
I'd be happy to advise further if you can post or email me a nice sharp photo of the motor plate so I can read all the markings (not the one on the machine!)

[email protected]

Even if it has an imperial motor fitted you should be able to fit a metric motor. You'll need to modify or replace the belt pulley & maybe drill new mounting holes but nothing too complicated.
There are good quality Italian motors out there at a sensible price. I've dealt with this guy and he is very knowledgeable and helpful.
https://www.electrotechdrives.co.uk/
This 3hp motor is on offer https://www.electrotechdrives.co.uk...c-motor-3hp-2750rpm-240v-19mm-shaft-80-frame/
He has an ebay shop as well but you get a better deal by going direct!

Myfordman":29nlrvzs said:
The suitability of this method also depends on the the motor type.
I'd be happy to advise further if you can post or email me a nice sharp photo of the motor plate so I can read all the markings (not the one on the machine!)

[email protected]

Thanks for the offer Myfordman. The saw I was hoping to get has fallen through which is a pain. Will keep searching and if you don’t mind I’ll drop you a line when I’ve got one in my workshop. Out of interest do you have a Wadkin AGS? Cheers, Dave.

Back