3D Printing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Britman

Chip of the old block
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Do any of you utilise 3D printing in your work? If so what do you make, parts, jigs something else?

I've been thinking about getting one because the price of them has come down so much but not specifically to incorporate with builds but probably more to tinker with.

Last edited:
Do any of you utilise 3D printing in your work? If so what do you make, parts, jigs something else?

I've been thinking about getting one because the price of them has come down so much but not specifically to incorporate with builds but probably more to tinker with.
All of the above and lots more

I've been considering getting a 3D printer, not necessarily for work-related builds but more for tinkering. The prices have become so much more affordable. Do any of you use 3D printing in your work? If so, what do you typically create—parts, jigs, or something else? I'm curious to hear about your experiences. Also, has anyone checked out alphabroder customer service? I'm curious if they have any insights into 3D printing or related supplies. Thanks for any advice!

When I bought my Robox 3D printer back in 2014/15 a couple of friends said they thought I'd wasted my money (£1500 back then) and didn't know what I could use it for. Since then I've printed woodworking jigs, dust extractor adaptors, a flexible hose arm for dust extraction on my pillar drill, cable strippers, replacement handles for a pole saw and a parasol, a jig to remove the tapered collar on a monobock tap plus a whole host of things too numerous to remember. I do tend to design from scratch rather than use Thingyverse though have used them for ideas on occasion. I use Designspark Mechanical (backed by RS Components) to do all of my 3D design work. It outputs STL files.
Have fun
Martin

Back