2014 - A Lament

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vann

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe I shouldn't be posting this here - but it's the only part of the forum I regularly visit.

From the toolie point-of-view, there were three things that happened in 2014 that saddened me:

1) the death of RichardT in May. Richards posts were always informative and always with a sense of humour just below the surface.
2) the death of recordcollector (David Lynch). His website www.recordhandplanes.com is the best source of information on Record planes and other Record handtools, to be found on the web.
3) the end of Alfs blog. Alf mothballed her blog on 8th November. Her blog and cornish workshop website are informative and extremely well written. And her contributions on this forum may never be equalled.

Cheers, Vann.

All sad - I'm at that age where I now read obituaries to see if people I know have popped off[DISAPPOINTED FACE]

Alf stopped writing about woodwork some time ago let's hope her archive remains accessible?

Rod

Harbo":dbiria2w said:
All sad - I'm at that age where I now read obituaries to see if people I know have popped off[DISAPPOINTED FACE]

Alf stopped writing about woodwork some time ago let's hope her archive remains accessible?

Rod

+1 here, and also that Alf herself is OK.

She's missed here, as I've said before.

Agreed, particularly (for me) Richard T. I am generally of the view that 2014 was not a great year over my way.
Best just get on and do all those things we say we are going to do, no decent excuses really.

Back