17.12pm Just One More Game

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate Wimbledon fortnight, nothing against tennis just seems to be my worst time for hay fever.

Edit: Congratulations to Mr. Murray

Hope you did something memorable today in 5, 10 , 15 years times when they say we haven't won for x years. You can think back to this gorgeous sunny day and say I did xxxxxxx.

Hope I'm wrong and its regular thing from now on but we def we won't be kept waiting 77 years as chances are we'll all be dead.

dm65":1ew4sb17 said:
Go Murray (officially an Englishman now)

Never in a million years!

I was cheering for the other Djok. (Well, I would have been, if tennis was actually more interesting than watching paint dry)

Anyone but Murray.

To be fair, by winning he has given huge pleasure to so many. I (unusually) saw the last part of the match. It was quite exciting, frustrating but exciting. I was glad he won, but it won't change my life.

K

doorframe":1zhnj0w2 said:
dm65":1zhnj0w2 said:
Go Murray (officially an Englishman now)

Never in a million years!

I was cheering for the other Djok. (Well, I would have been, if tennis was actually more interesting than watching paint dry)

Anyone but Murray.

I can take or leave tennis and don't usually watch it, but my point is I am happy to see (as were millions of others) a British sportsman win something, especially when it is something we have been waiting 77 years to win.

Cheers

Mike

you know if you look at our sporting record recently...as a nation we're pretty dam good. Its just the lunatics in football that cant get their heads out of their asses long enough to play as a team and win anything. With pratts like Rooney is there any wonder?

I saw Owen Money live a few months ago, and he asked one of the audience to stand up and walk towards him. She did so, and he thanked her, and said -

"It's such a change to see someone in a red jersey moving forwards".

It got a good laugh.

K

On the subject of 77 years the media have got it wrong the last time a British person won the singles at Wimbledon was in 1977 when Virginia Wade won the women singles. It has been 77 years since a British man has won the singles but only 46 years since a British person has won at Wimbledon, unless you dont think women are people.

But cycling is much better sport than tennis and once again we have a Christopher Frome, British, leading the race and nothing in the papers or main stream TV, typical.

john

Apologies in advance for being pedantic but I prefer to think of myself as nearly 40 not nearly 50 as the above maths / typo suggests

1977 - 2013 = 36 years

Back