12" Elm bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyturner

Established Member
Reaction score
I got this Elm in one of there £55 bags of wood from H,O,W finished with 6 coats of teak oil

Attachments

• 88.JPG
    88.JPG
    251.9 KB · Views: 895
That Elm is pretty certainly Yew Woody, the grain is all wrong for Elm, and Elm doesn't have such an orange colour, plus the contrast between the sap and heart is bang on for Yew.

Lovely bowl though! :)

Blimey, witchcraft, I make a reply to one image and as soon as it posts the image changes to an Elm bowl! :)

KimG":14yy1riy said:
Blimey, witchcraft, I make a reply to one image and as soon as it posts the image changes to an Elm bowl! :)
Sorry about that I clicked on the wrong picture so I had to change it senior moment LOL

I do love elm. Lovely work as always Woody. I hope one day I will be able to turn something I am not ashamed to put on the Interweb! lol
On a minor tangent, just been looking through the posts on the Faceache group in your sig and I have to say, you are making some awesome pen blanks. Top man.

Just to think of how many others have burned pieces of wood like your piece of elm makes me very sad .
Woody that is a lovely bowl which shows the timber off to its best .I loved turning Elm but it is very scarce over here . I was not in your class as regards turning but always felt happy with a piece of Elm .

Love the shape and the finish thank you .

phil.p":18kwtcq3 said:
:lol: Sorry, Kim. I'm looking at that pic. and thinking what a richardhead, he doesn't know what he's talking about. :lol:
Lovely bowl, joking aside.

Indeed, if I had made the remark to this Elm bowl you would have been correct!

It is, along with the Yew bowl attached (I managed to save a pic!) a very nice bit of turning.

Attachments

• Woody Yew Bowl..JPG
    Woody Yew Bowl..JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 807
Back