12" 4hp underpowered ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

South

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry you must be so bored of being asked this question. Use mostly stock maybe a little sheet goods and (groan sorrrrrry) after a table saw. Without breaking the bank but something decent almost definitely narrowed it down to the axy or sip 01322 with table saw. I don't mind spending the Money but I've saved for a year and more,gone without a few luxuries (like a cold beer at the end of the week) and don't want to be disappointed. Also the dilemma between 10" or 12", read on a table saw book that 3hp and 10" is recommended so both machines all good and 5hp for the 12" with the sip only being 4hp and assume the sip to be the same. Are the 12" saws under powered ?
Thank you for the help
.....hoping to have a little change for a pint to celebrate :eek:ccasion5:

My Sip 01322 does everything I ask of it - get a decent blade though - makes a huge difference.

Loads of threads if you do a search.

Bob

SIP 12" gets my vote - have given it several years hard work and with the exception of a new £5 drive belt last week the saw has been perfect - Definitely gets my vote!

Rog

Think my I have finally made my mind up to go for the 12"sip with maybe the incra v27 mitre gauge. Thanks guys now all that remains is to find the right price

If cash is in short supply, (when is it not?) look at the SIP 10 inch, they are of course cheaper than their big brother, unless of course the extra cut of the 12 is essential.
I have the 10 inch and it has ben used to produce structural timbers as well as cabinet type work.

Roy.

Back