UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too late now, but if you'd used the eBay/PayPal dispute system you would have got a refund. I've had to use the system a few times (one fraudster, a few lost in the post items) and it worked every time.

Outside the formal systems, you probably won't get a helpful response. It's important to use the dispute channels provided, and the same is true for Amazon Marketplace.

Couldn't you have opened a Paypal complaint as they don't always release monies to the sellers straight away?
When I sold some stuff recently they held my monies for over a week.

Rod

You should always report any hint of fraudulent activity to Ebay and Paypal as soon as possible.
They do take it seriously.

The old adage about if it sounds too good to be true it probably is, is never more so than on ebay, or even Amazon!

If the seller has not been a member long, and has virtually no feedback and is offering something for much less than everyone else - RUN.

Check their business address at the bottom of their page if it's a business, and look them up on the internet or companies house..

As an example: I'm currently looking for a commercial espresso machine for my kitchen and one guy is offering a Sage by Heston (£349 new) for £200 been a member 3 days and "0" feedback. It could be genuine ? Yeah right!!

Roughcut":18gzwiai said:
You should always report any hint of fraudulent activity to Ebay and Paypal as soon as possible.

We reported an out and out fraud to both and it was weeks before they deigned to reply - they showed no interest or concern and were little help.

phil.p":3mvq3jdp said:
Roughcut":3mvq3jdp said:

We reported an out and out fraud to both and it was weeks before they deigned to reply - they showed no interest or concern and were little help.

Did you raise it via the Report an Issue or send them an email. I have always found with the former that things happen very quickly.

Thinking about ... it must have been swmbo that was at fault, as she's been conned before.

No, seriously, I don't know how she did it. I know she reported it to Ebay, PayPal and the seller within a few minutes of the transaction (she happened to be on line as it happened) - the seller wasn't remotely interested either. The purchaser was in the Ukraine - she got the money back from the CC, she worked for banks for the last 33 years so she knows how the system works. The time before it was clothing - she lost out on that one, and Ebay and PayPal weren't remotely interested or helpful then either. She no longer has a PayPal account.

Back