1" MDF

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodpig

Established Member
Reaction score
Do any of the DIY stores sell 1/4 sheets of 1" thick MDF? I don't have the space to store a full sheet even cut down and I'll likely never use that much anyway.

As far as i am aware, most diy stores sell 18mm mdf but not 25mm. I think even still mdf is sold in 8foot by 4 foot boards, and not any smaller. I buy my mdf from james latham, but again in 8 by 4.

Having said that, there may be someone close to you who may have spare. I currently havd bits about the size you are talking about left over from jobs, but i live north of bath. If you ever pass by, i could let you have some.

Cheers

Nick

Last time I got 18mil MDF I only wanted 1/4 of a sheet :( I've had the rest getting in the way ever since. Up to then you could buy 1/2 sheets of anything.

Kadushu":779yt3pv said:
Wickes sells quarter sheets but only up to 18mm

Ta, that may do for a couple of jobs, I'll have a look and see what the robbers want for it!

My local Howarth timber merchant sell 1/4 sheets. They have a big rack of offcuts that i can usually find what i want in, if i only need a small piece for something. The local MKM builders merchants also has a similar arrangement. Might be worth trying your local yard.

Back