Woody Stuff in / Near Bristol

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVB

Established Member
Reaction score
Folks,

I have a couple of hours to kill in Bristol on Sunday. Is there any woodie stuff in / around the centre or just outside I could drive to / visit while SWMBO does her stuff?

Thanks.

Simon

Sorry, Simon. I can't think of anything, either. Most of the yards will also be closed (though, they probably wouldn't let you look around, anyway... :p).

If you are at all interested in 16th century and later carved wood panelling and furniture, you might like a visit to the Red Lodge, which is open on Sundays, 10.30 to 4.00, free.

Its own website is here: http://www.bristol.gov.uk/ccm/content/Leisure-Culture/Museums-Galleries/bristols-red-lodge.en confirming its handy location right next to a very large multi-storey car park (Trenchard Street) and across the road from Bristol Design (so you can window shop).

The furniture and panelling are magnificent. It's often quite quiet and the staff will be happy for you to take photos and look properly. These are a few details I photographed when I thought I'd get round to trying some carving. (Haven't quite done so yet!)

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

Latest posts

Back