Walnut bowl for Critique

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weasel Howlett

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok so here goes my second pic post. Has the same detailing as one of the zebrano bowls but is smaller.
This is 3.5x2inch. All comments welcome

IMG_6492.gif

IMG_6490.gif

Again this looks good. Have you undercut on the inside? Lovely piece of wood and you have done it justice. Are you doing your turning at a cub at the moment?

pete

Yes it is undercut so that the walls are 0.5 inch. I know I could get thinner but i kinda like them with a bit more weight. It has the same base as the zebrano bowl too. will add a pic when I have more time and light.

No unfortunatly i am turning on a lathe at my uni. I have had to teach myself everything i know, from how to use each tool, to hiding my mounting technique. I would like to get together with some other people but dont know of anywhere local. In fact i could do with some tuition as I'm sure my use of tools is wrong and/or inappropriate, but I just do what works best for me.

Weasel Howlett":hmipiapm said:
No unfortunatly i am turning on a lathe at my uni. I have had to teach myself everything i know, from how to use each tool, to hiding my mounting technique. I would like to get together with some other people but dont know of anywhere local. In fact i could do with some tuition as I'm sure my use of tools is wrong and/or inappropriate, but I just do what works best for me.

PM sent

Pete

Your finish is excellent so my advice would be to concentrate on form and a few little design touch's which will take your work to the next level.
Well done :D

Back