useful little tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clever idea. I have on but not needed for tyres since they were made with the 1.5mm markers
Now I will dig it out.
K

When measuring blind holes and grooves, I currently tend to use my vernier calipers or, if they are wide enough, my combination square. Does this tool offer any advantages over these?

I use dial calipers. Could use digital calipers. Much easier to read but won't get into such tight spaces. :)

Student":29wky7h1 said:
When measuring blind holes and grooves, I currently tend to use my vernier calipers or, if they are wide enough, my combination square. Does this tool offer any advantages over these?

Of course not - if you've already a vernier. A cheap option if you haven't, though.

Woodchips2":112eh0g3 said:
I've got one and it is very useful for all sorts of jobs but how do they do them so cheap?
Regards Keith
Bulk manufacture, probably.

Halfrauds sell them, usually packaged with old style tyre pressure gauges, for about £4.
Essential kit if you're a biker and/or deal with vehicles other than cars, as the legal minimum depths do vary.

Back