price advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunggaur

Established Member
Reaction score
could anyone please give me an idea of how much 6.2 sq meters of burr walnut veneer is worth as i have not got a clue and nee to move it on due to ill health

cheers

jon

Most "everyday" burrs are in the range £10-30 a square metre. If you've got top quality Walnut Curl, or just exceptionally tight grain, you can easily pay £100-120 a square metre.

Obviously, no one wants a single leaf, so you'll get more for a decent pack of sequential leaves. Burr prices are also influenced by condition, the odd hole is inevitable, too many and the price drops.

Another thing, veneers are generally rolled up for posting, burrs are trickier in they need to be packed flat between thin sheets of MDF or Hardboard.

Good luck!

It's good that it's still in the original veneer merchants packs, but if I'm honest it's only fair to average quality. What I hear from people like Capital Crispin is that the decline of the antique repro market hasn't left an awful lot of demand for mid level burrs. I'd try a pack on Ebay at around £20 a square metre and then adjust the price according to interest.

Good luck!

custard":2ddputza said:
It's good that it's still in the original veneer merchants packs, but if I'm honest it's only fair to average quality. What I hear from people like Capital Crispin is that the decline of the antique repro market hasn't left an awful lot of demand for mid level burrs. I'd try a smaller pack on Ebay at around £20 a square metre and then adjust the price according to interest.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back