T Track Supplier

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeordieStew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking at building myself a workbench (spacesaving etc).

I know that Rutlands have had some bad press, but has anyone used their T Track (it's £40 for 4 x 48" lengths).

Anything comparable price wise? Better quality?

Thank you

its fine as long as its in stock. If its on sale, it is probably about as cheap as you can get it.

If it is out of stock, dont put it on back order!!!

It's fine, although the price has gone up a lot over the last year or so. It used to be on sale at £29.99. It's now £39.99, a saving of £50, apparently.

Steve Maskery":hd7nb8h9 said:
It's fine, although the price has gone up a lot over the last year or so. It used to be on sale at £29.99. It's now £39.99, a saving of £50, apparently.

I bought the 3/4 size a couple of years ago and it's great - Don't know how the price now compares to UJK stuff which is axminster I think but I'd definitely buy the rutlands ones again if I needed more.

I bought the 3/4 as I thought the profile would be easier to copy to make my own "sliders" (the bits that go in the slot) as the 1/2 is a bit convoluted. I make my 3/4 sliders out of Ikea HDPE cutting boards £1.10 - cut into strips then rebate the sides. It's also tough enough to take a thread directly to lock it in place.

It's not really a q of standard, it's about what is most appropriate for the case in point. For example I have a length of 3/4" in my router table, so I can use my tablesaw's mitre fence if necessary. But I use 1/2" in my drill press table.

I bought a pack of 4 lengths of the 1/2" from Rutlands a couple of years back when I was building a custom drilling bench. I cut the 48" lengths to the size I wanted and also used one length as a fence for the drill press. The fence has Flag Stops on it to enable me to get repetitive, accurate drilling. I wanted the T track to work with the Festool quickclamps to hold material whilst drilling and the 1/2" track fits the clamps a treat. I have been happy with mine.....I cant remember what I paid Rutlands back then...!

Tim.

Back