Hegner or ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayben

Established Member
Reaction score
I am intending upgrading to a new scroll saw money being a bit tight I was wondering which would be the best buy 1/hegner single speed cost a little over £300 or 2/or a cheaper multi speed saw costing around £200.
Regards Ray

... or an even cheaper 2nd hand Delta for around £150 if you can find one.

Multi-speed every time. Although you will often run it at a 'comfortable' speed there will be times when you want to slow it down for delicate work and intricate tight turns.

Barry

At the risk of sounding like a Delta fan club, me too for the Delta.

I got mine for £80. They're rather old now but such good machines.

Phill

I bought the Hegner Multicut 1 Variable Speed last year, it's an awesome piece of kit.

Ended up throwing my old saw out. The Hegner's really are very well made

I just missed a two speed Delta on fleabay. I capped my bid at 40 quid as I wanted it to play with. If it was someone in here that won it, I apologise for upping the price.

martinka":36wwy1qz said:
I just missed a two speed Delta on fleabay. I capped my bid at 40 quid as I wanted it to play with. If it was someone in here that won it, I apologise for upping the price.

I right fancied that, but collection only from York was a bit far away!

Phill

linkshouse":33j6hov6 said:
martinka":33j6hov6 said:

I right fancied that, but collection only from York was a bit far away!

Phill
It was advertised as variable speed, but i queried that as it's obvious from the photo that it's two speed. The seller did add an amendment.

Back