Anyone used the new Triton TWX7 workcentre etc ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boo

Reaction score
Hi,

Was thinking of buying the Triton TWX7 workcentre + contractor saw + router table combo which seems like a flexible system and is available at a good price from places like D&M Tools.

I'm sure the ideal is probably to get separates which would bea no-compromise choice but I have really limited space up in my loft and would also get benefit from being able to take it down to the yard where I fiddle about with my 40 yo boat so the portability would be a boon.

Is anyone here using this system and have any comments to make ? The main application would be roughing out prior to hand finishing for cabinetry for the home and boat.

Thanks,

Boo

I have the router table insert built into a dedicated table and its very good. Can't comment on the rest of the system though!

I might be able to answer your question later this week. I ordered the complete setup, with the TRA001 router, for use in my garage/shop. I needed something that was compact and could be stored along the wall when not being used so I could still use the garage for my cars when the weather turns bad.

The router table arrived last week, but the table and saw are supposed to arrive tomorrow morning. My only complaint, so far, with the router table is with the three throat plates supplied for different router bits. Each of plate requires three small grub screws to level the plate with the table. Unfortunately, Triton only shipped three grub screws, which means the screws have to be relocated when changing the throat plates. I'm trying to find the same size grub screws so I can fit each of the throat plates once. I can't imagine the profit margin for the router table would have been greatly affected by providing six more grub screws.

To me these work centres multi hole worktops all look like a solution looking for a problem.

Mike

MikeJhn":q0zdi10n said:
To me these work centres multi hole worktops all look like a solution looking for a problem.

Mike
If I had the space, I would buy larger equipment. Unfortunately, I don't have the space and have to make do with what is available. I was about to give up on having a workshop until I saw an unboxing video of the Triton Workcentre and drop-in tables. Since I could not find anything similar, the Triton setup was the ideal solution for my problem.

The last of the equipment arrives this week, and then I can start building my drop-down worktable.

How did you get on with the work centre?

Years ago, I got a Mk3 work centre and used it a lot. More recently, when I could afford bigger, and had more space, I got a 'proper' table saw - although it was an entry level saw which could be improved on in many areas. Even more recently I have got into Festool and now wonder if I need such a big table saw, but I do miss having a router table. I recently bought a Triton router, and a Kreg insert plate, with a view to making a table, or even adding a router table to the table saw. But I am still tempted by the TWX7 system - so what's it like?

Here is a link to my comments about the Workcentre in another thread:

post1156509.html#p1156509

As I said in that post, I am happy with my purchase and would not hesitate to buy it again in the same circumstances. My basement shop is well underway but not operational yet. This means the Triton Workcenter contractor saw is still the workhorse for now.

Excellent, thanks - not sure how I missed that but then the search function doesn't seem to work very well. How is the router table (apart form the grub screws) when it comes to accuracy and repeatability etc?

I haven't used the router table for any production work, only running a few boards through it to make sure everything worked. It did. The Triton routers are supposed to be a perfect fit, and my TRA001 was no exception. After removing the plunge spring, as identified in the router manual, the height adjustment from the top of the router table is easy. On the few passes I made with a roundover cutter, I didn't see any change to the cutter height.

Back