Table Saw Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Established Member
Reaction score
i am after some new blades
as I was unsure what to get...we all start somewhere :oops:
anyway, has anyone recently heard from cutting solutions?
I know what I am likely to cut, but would prefer talk to someone in the know, rather gamble at screwfix

Steve

I switched out the axcalibur blade on my TS250 for a freud and amongst other things it is quieter.

My Axcaliber rip blade gives a beautiful finish as do my Atkinson Walker cross cut and panel sizing blade. One point though - I made a small error, they're different kerfs which means I have to adjust/chnage my riving knife every time which is very annoying.

ok
lets say freud blades
I am 99.9% sure i need in 5\8th arbour so assume I will need inserts
i want to rip hardwood (beech oak walnut etc)and would like a 12" blade ( I know will not lower below table but needs must)
I want to cleanly cut ply \ mdf 10" blade, i guess i could use 8" if cheaper, but not huge criteria on cost
cross cut hardwoods..another project to make a sled for this use, also 10" blade
now I know this is being lazy ish
could someone point me in the direction of part numbers, if u go on screwfix every blade is listed as circular saw (not the greatest help for a novice IMHO)

reason asking about cutting solutions was with the hope of getting a personal service along with advice for best options (also seem to have good feedback with forum members)
a bit like I use tuffsaw because they know what they sell and are happy to advise on personal use with great effort and results
riving knife is approx 2,5mm thick

also need a new blade for my kapex, damaged mine on a damn nail, blade is not wrecked but needs to go to saw doctor, i could just get another festool one tbh

Steve

Use the right diameter for your TS. Anything else is at best an inconvenence and in many instances down right dangerous

lurker":2f9g932x said:
Use the right diameter for your TS. Anything else is at best an inconvenence and in many instances down right dangerous
my tablesaw is happy to take anything from a 6" dado stack upto a 12" blade

so not sure it is dangerous
10" is convenient as blade go below table and ideal everyday use
12" would be nice option for thicker materials when needed
Steve

An 80 tooth blade is excellent for leaving a clean edge on laminates, and a near planed surface on rip and cross cuts, though of course much slower than a thin kerf rip saw blade. I find a thicker 80 tooth gives a smoother cut. A zero-clearance insert is necessary for a smooth lower edge. A Freud thin-kerf rip blade cuts very efficiently and quickly, though.

Keith

I have also used the Freud blades with good results ,you don't mention your budget as with most things you get what you pay for I still stand by Swedex but they are a lot more expensive in the short term .

I don't think you will get Swedex in that price range,I would recommend the Freud blades and be on the lookout for a couple of used Swedex that you could have sharpened,be careful though some people are not as precious about blades as they should be,chipped teeth,warped blades etc.Good luck.

Hi Kevin
happy to stretch a bit further tbh
i only intend buying 2 sets
so no big issue
my main issue is working through the surmountable options
as a newbie to a decent table saw, blade choice is just a head melting challenge to me
there just does not seem to be a straightforward guide to rake kerf teeth etc
no point me getting it wrong, safety 1, cost 2

Steve

I can't spot what you say your arbor is for the saw, so can't give you part numbers, but if you wanted a pair of 12" blades I'd say a 30T and 72T would give you a good rip and crosscut option. If you wanted to cut a lot of laminated material you might want a 96T too. If you wanted a jack-of-all-trades, then go 48T.

If you're buying a reputable brand such as Freud then for a table saw you'll be fine going off the description to be honest, just make sure you're picking up a positive rake blade.

LancsRick":de26wea0 said:
I can't spot what you say your arbor is for the saw, so can't give you part numbers, but if you wanted a pair of 12" blades I'd say a 30T and 72T would give you a good rip and crosscut option. If you wanted to cut a lot of laminated material you might want a 96T too. If you wanted a jack-of-all-trades, then go 48T.

If you're buying a reputable brand such as Freud then for a table saw you'll be fine going off the description to be honest, just make sure you're picking up a positive rake blade.
arbour is 5\8

Steve

decided to order from wealden as they have 5\8 blades
whats really funny is that i had googled saw blades \ kent
nothing
placed my order only to notice they are 10 minutes away from me
hope they have a shop \ trade counter as really handy for router cutters

Steve

Back