Axi ts-200 blade alignment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoatyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi first post

Bought my new Axi ts-200 following advice on this forum - seems very nice but can i get the blade to align to mitre slot? No chance

No information in user manual

found four bolts that seem to loosen the mountings but no sensible way to move the alignment apart from getting under the thing and tapping the mounted bit with a long metal rod - surely that can't be the way you're supposed to do it?

Have coctacted Axminster this morning as well but thought a two pronged approach might yield swifter and more complete response.

all help appreciated - Pete

the cast iron top is secured down with 4 bolts, you need to undo 3 of them (just slacken off), then the 4th one undo slightly, then use that one as a pivot point and move the top until it lines up with blade

hope that helps

Ah righto will do - I was trying to line the blade up to the top rather than the top to the blade a subtle but distinct difference in approach!!

many many thanks - Pete

Paul,
The top is secured by 4 bolts to the base unit as you said, but unfortunately the blade is mounted directly to the underside of the cast table top.
I found that out last month when I had a replacement top sent to me from Axi.
I thought changing it over was just a simple matter of undoing the 4 bolts and replacing with the new one. Had I known that I would need to transfer all the gubbins from the old to the new, I would have sent the lot back. :x
The manual (sheet of paper!) shows two mounting brackets that the motor housing sits in, if you undo one of these (neither is particularly easy to get to) then tap the unit round so it pivots on the other (as Paul described) you should be able to sort it.

Once it's up square, check the clearance with the blade at 45 degrees as mine is a bit close to the cast table top now.
Best of luck, mine took loads of faffing around to sort out.

Steve

Steve many thanks - that's what i've been trying to do with little success hence the post - I couldn't believe someone could be stupid enough to build a machine that is so hard to adjust when that adjustment is absolutely vital to the machine functioning properly.

Now that I know it can be done then it will be done and maybe then I'll be able to saw some wood instead of crawling round on the floor adjusting the damn near unadjustable!

My review of the machine? don't buy one the thin veneer of quality hides a poor design.

Pete

thats it, I am definately going mad ! was sure I adjusted mine by moving the top

i'd blame it on old age, if only i was old enough.

Pete I sympathize with your frustration but think you are being a bit harsh when you say don't buy one.
It is only classed as a cheap machine, although to me and most others who brought one it cost enough for me not to tell the other half :lol: . Due to this we have to put up with a few money saving features than the more expensive machines, although how mounting the motor to the table saved any money I have no idea!
Anyway the point is once I did get it set up correctly, I was more than happy with the result. The only other option I can think of is to contact axi again and tell them you want a refund as it is too far out of tolerance for what would be reasonably expected of the machine.
Hope you get sorted soon.
Steve

Hi Steve - you are right of course, I have been perhaps a bit hasty in my condemnation of the machine.

My blade is now in alignment having turned the thing upside down, completely removed the housing/bracket that holds the arbour/saw, checking it wasn't fouling on anything, dressed out the burrs on it so it wouldn't dig in, greased it and put everything back together checking at every stage that there was still movement available and then spent an hour actually tapping it back and forth.

Now that it is square i am feeling a bit better about it so my virtual review now says "if you are considering buying one be aware that it is likely you will spend a lot of time faffing about to get the blade in alignment."

Axminster also came back and clarified where and how the adjustment takes place so the good remarks I've read about their customer service appear to be borne out

Nonetheless I still think the design of this bit is pretty naff

Ok enough of that - many thanks Steve and Paul for you input it really did make a big difference to solving the problem to get some feedback from you both

cheers - Pete

Back