Teach me please- Apoxy resin fir small projects.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm following this with interest because I want to do an epoxy project at some point.

Just a tip for the future, if you want to work out volume of the wooden pieces, you can take one and dunk it into a measuring jug half full. The water level will rise, and that will give you the volume of the piece you have dunked... then multiply by however many pieces you will use in total.

Of course, this doesn't work well with pieces you can't dry off afterwards.

+1 from me Bri - looking forward to part 2 on youtube.

Also got some ideas for my own resin projects in a while.

Wow!
thank you for the great responses, i'm humbled =D>
As you can imagine my brain (whats left of it lol~) is full on #-o
TBH there so much possibility's for projects.
Thank you for viewing my 'ettempts' on YouTube', i'm learning as I go along.
Not bad for a bloke in a shed who's classed as 'Learning difficulty's!' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Proving the concept, and making it better.
All the time bloody enjoying myself :D
Let you into a secret! unfortunately I took the item out of the mould quicker than I should of done. :oops: :oops:
So the clamps have left indents..
OMG!
OTZC9n9.jpg

I learnt Sanding down the grits from my mentor years ago...so its not manger cock up #-o
but...…….i'll look at it close, and TBH I prefer the satin look.
Got it out.. (hammer)
FXoWH51.jpg

God i'm dumb! :oops: :roll:
EmUmkW9.jpg

Got a log way to go..
Trim it, round over, and sort the bottom (thinking backing of some kind :wink: )
But here it is going down the grits, not mirror but better than I thought.
still in the chamber till tomorrow!
f8WHXEb.jpg

TBC
Bri

I enjoy your threads Bri and clicked into this one because I want to add epoxy to my repertoire at some point. It might be worth a trip to Hexham or South Shields for you, there's what looks like a great company for advice, supplies and trianing very close by.

https://www.ecfibreglasssupplies.co.uk

paulrockliffe":25p7fnta said:
I enjoy your threads Bri and clicked into this one because I want to add epoxy to my repertoire at some point. It might be worth a trip to Hexham or South Shields for you, there's what looks like a great company for advice, supplies and trianing very close by.

Hello Paul,
Really chuffed you replied m8 =D>
I'm only 9.5 miles away from that company.
So thinking to pop over and see whats the crack is.
Mind i'm a tight buttocks there toll road both ways...hahaha! £1.70 each way. #-o
I'm starting a new thread soon, called Epoxy art resin...my attempt at art!
Basically, I have wood left over, (plywood and pine).
So m8, hope to catch your on that thread.
Thanks for enjoying my threads, its hard for me....being a thick as a whale omelette :oops: but I hope humour shines through. :lol:
ATB =D>
Bri

paulrockliffe":smehm5hh said:

Got this from them:
HI Brian, it s a bit of a tricky one this as most of our supplies are for repairs and industrial applications. Although we have a small arts and craft section we do not tend to do a lot of art projects our selves to be able to advise confidently, as most art applications derive from experimental use of products outside of their intended purposes. If you are doing for example pigmented epoxy art you could try the Axson epolam as one of our more economically priced epoxies although you may need to follow up with a UV stable coating afterwards as epoxies tend to yellow after a matter of months. We do not have a casting epoxy apart from the totally clear supacast table top epoxy but this can take from 3 days upto 1 week to cure and has not been trialled in moulds.

The Axson epolam comes out £22.50 +vat for a 1.3kg kit.....
So might buy and try....
Bri

manxnorton":8bj2sjbm said:
Thanks for enjoying my threads, its hard for me....being a thick as a whale omelette :oops:
but I hope humour shines through. :lol:
Bri

Two points.
1# Don't put yourself down. There's enough b*stards in the world who will do that for you for free. Sod that.
2# Always.
Watching with interest as always. Looks good mate. Not perfect but a good result! Keep trying, I'm learning here.
Chris

Bm101":1oylm0bw said:
manxnorton":1oylm0bw said:
Thanks for enjoying my threads, its hard for me....being a thick as a whale omelette :oops:
but I hope humour shines through. :lol:
Bri

Two points.
1# Don't put yourself down. There's enough b*stards in the world who will do that for you for free. Sod that.
2# Always.
Watching with interest as always. Looks good mate. Not perfect but a good result! Keep trying, I'm learning here.
Chris

Morning pal,
=D>
1# Well...taking the P out of myself, and others isn't a good character trait! :oops:
But years in the Army with our 'Humour' defo made thing funny...if you can understand :lol:
I just remember the old pals from the Regt. visiting me in the hospitals, first thing....not "Hi Brian, how are you fairing?" :roll:
Straight away. Onslaught of micky taking (as we do!)
"what size running trainers are you?"
"Why?"
"well pal you not need them now #-o "
:lol: :lol: :lol:
mind I had one of them running machines (for the winter!) more dust on it than anything else :lol:
2# I try and make my threads as much fun and laughter as I can...AND ALSO serous at the same time.
Think over the last few years yous have found out for of my life, and what type of bloke I am. =D>
Putting my illness/disability aside, I try to show 'Worts and all!' we can all not show mistakes and a moment of dumbness! learning difficulty's & Aphasia..even typing this is hard as I had to re-learn reading, writing etc. but its the best therapy tbh :wink:
All said and done I'm just a bloke in a woodshop enjoying myself, i'm not a 'Keyboard warrior' but same time I can hold my own :lol: :lol: :lol:
Think there's a joke in that #-o
"Taxi! , I'll get my coat!"
Got an idea for the second chopping board, so once I have another cupper then shows what I was thinking.
Obviously question will arise from me :oops:
Anyway! nuff of my woffle…
I'll head over to the woodglue thingy thread and carry on with my findings.
Thanks again Chris, really appreciate being in my corner =D>
Out of here!
Bri
BTW!
This pic was in Afghan...somebody shouts over "pose for the camera!" #-o #-o #-o #-o
5C2XnTM.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back