Download pic from iphone to pc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
When i plug my iphone into the pc its recognised as a separate drive and i can just drag'n'drop the pics to my pc.... no problem.

Trying to do the same with a friends (ancient) iphone 4s as she said she cant do it, and she's right doesn't matter what i do it wont/cant be recognised as a separate drive.

Any ideas..? and no i'm not interested in an android phone.....

That's odd, I never had a problem with iphones 4, 5 or 6 or my current iphone 7

The only thing I needed to do was open the phone to the home screen before plugging the usb into my laptop then click accept when the phone asked if I trust the PC following which I could open the folders,

I never use itunes to download, direct is much quicker and more controllable.

Bob

Lons":2m9a1xsp said:
That's odd, I never had a problem with iphones 4, 5 or 6 or my current iphone 7

The only thing I needed to do was open the phone to the home screen before plugging the usb into my laptop then click accept when the phone asked if I trust the PC following which I could open the folders,

I never use itunes to download, direct is much quicker and more controllable.

Bob

Lons.... been there tried that, it asks 'do i trust' etc, yes, then... nothing.

Plus, do you know if the phone will do a FULL reset without a sim card, or only a partial(?) reset.? i.e. does it need the sim card in the phone to fully reset the phone to 'as new' status.? If i do a full reset with the sim in place can i take it the sim contacts WONT be lost... :shock:

You can restore the phone to factory settings without the sim in place. Always have to think about how but I've done it will all our phones before selling on via Mazuma etc.

Do a quick google and you'll find instructions I'm sure.

I've just looked on line regarding copying photos and there is free software available that appears to help though some is just a free trial version, worth a go if you're stuck.
Here's one of them though haven't tried them personally.

https://www.copytrans.net/copytransphoto/
https://www.copytrans.net/blog/6-ways-t ... ut-itunes/

NikNak":1fgp2fc6 said:
Lons.... been there tried that, it asks 'do i trust' etc, yes, then... nothing.

Just a thought. Check your PC settings to see if your firewall or antivirus is blocking your iphone. Also try a different USB port and a different cable if possible.

Does your PC have bluetooth? Might be another way of accessing though slower.

If the more normal ways don't work email the files from phone to PC or set up a pic sharing/storage account like Dropbox or something on the phone and log in to the account on the PC.

Lons.... thanks for the link, that did the job =D> dont know why plugging in a nice genuine apple lead wouldn't work, but the software did :shock:

It was a 'trial' version of the software, it lets you transfer/copy 100 pics, and as there was 104 i just chose 4 that were a bit mehh :-k and left them out :wink:

And then on to the next problem.... doing a 'factory reset' when Find my Phone was enabled and she couldn't remember her i.d. or password :shock: #-o

Anyway.... all sorted now (hammer) many thanks once again =D>

Nick

Back