May Woodturning Challenge - the Requirements

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

henton49er

Established Member
Reaction score
The May Challenge is “three different woods”. Paul Hannaby has kindly agreed to judge this month’s Challenge, and there will be a plaque for first place, kindly made for us by forum member Daven. Many thanks to both!! =D> =D> =D>

Challenge Requirements: “Three different Woods” (this does not mean Driver, 3 wood and 5 wood for the golfers amongst you!!)

This month’s rules are:-

The Challenge is open to anyone and everyone
Your entry must be new and made specifically for the Challenge
Entries must be made of three different types of wood each of which to be turned on a lathe using woodturning tools (either turned individually or together)
If you submit three separately turned pieces, they must relate to each other in some way (e.g. they could be three parts to be assembled into the finished entry, or be three items that go together – tea plate, cup and saucer for example)
There are no maximum or minimum size restrictions

Segmented turning, decoration, colouring, piercing, hollowing, pyrography and texturing are all allowed, but the principal requirement is for the judge to be able to see that you have used three different woods and to show off your turning skills.

Please post 3 images of your work along with a brief note about how you made it, what tools and finishes you used, what woods you used and the entry’s dimensions etc.

1 showing a general view
1 showing a top view
1 showing a bottom view

A fourth picture may be added (but is not compulsory) if needed to show all aspects of your entry.

Image size - please use image size 640 x 480 0.3 mp, as in previous challenges

Please upload your pictures and description between 10pm on the 27th May and 10pm on the 29th May.

Please also send me a PM giving me your own opinions of 1st, 2nd and 3rd places amongst the entries (other than your own) between 10pm on 29th April and 10pm on 31st May (for me to compile the entrants’ scoring).

Any queries or questions on this month’s Challenge, please use this thread to ask.

I'm learning things I didn't know I didn't know!

Unconscious incompetence is the stage I'm at, at the moment, heading to conscious incompetence as I get better.

Phil

dennisk":3es17dzd said:
Hey, I resemble that remark!
Don't think so Dennis :) It is you we are all comparing ourselves to.
I am still incompetent at incompetence

Sad lot aren't we (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

You know what ?
Enough of this negativity.
I have an idea for this months challenge and I think it is a good one.
I am practicing the required skills ( some of which are new to me ) and I think I can get into the points this time....

so long as no more than 4 of you enter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back