Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

By RogerS
LOML dropped her antique powder compact and broke one of the mirrors..luckily the flat one. But I'm struggling to find anyone who can supply and cut 2mm mirror glass. Any ideas, chaps ?
By Steve Maskery
I know it's not quite the same, but there was a thread on here recently about using mirror spray paint. I believe the outcome was pretty successful.
If you can't get the proper silvered stuff it might be a solution inter alia.
By Chrispy
RogerS wrote:
Dibs-h wrote:http://www.cameoglass.co.uk/products.htm

Looks like they do it.

Thanks, dibs...but they ceased trading.

Their still trading, they have moved to Swindon though.
By RogerS
Dibs-h wrote:Might be worth a punt considering they literally should be as cheap as chips - for the size you're after. At least get the Mrs going until you can sort out something else. ;)

LOL..."Get the Mrs going"

One of those lovely phrases in the English language that have several different connotations !
By Dibs-h
RogerS wrote:LOL..."Get the Mrs going"

One of those lovely phrases in the English language that have several different connotations !

I was typing in a hurry. Just re-read that and can see what you mean. :shock: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By RogerS
rafezetter wrote:I hate to say this RogerS considering how you've been recently, but I might be able to help - what size are you after?

I appreciate that, thanks. It's 58mm x 40mm but the downside is it's an oval. I might have someone who can cut it to a template.
By phil.p
If you can buy something cheap with a slightly bigger mirror in it anyone who does any glass fusing or stained glass could grind it down to size for you. Do you know anyone apart from me? :D
By rafezetter
RogerS wrote:
rafezetter wrote:I hate to say this RogerS considering how you've been recently, but I might be able to help - what size are you after?

I appreciate that, thanks. It's 58mm x 40mm but the downside is it's an oval. I might have someone who can cut it to a template.

I have a pocket mirror I got in a posh cracker, mirror is just a hair under 2mm thick, frame is metal so could be posted.

Downside is the dimensions are 56mm x 52mm

If you cut a bit of paper to that size you might be able squeeze out an oval of 58mm at the widest point diagonally.

Alternatively if you can do a quick ms paint oval of the same shape and size I can print it out and see for myself, (you'll need to be exact ofc) and if it works - mail it to Phil.P for processing.

Glass has no blemishes that are easily discernable, and although it's been glued into the metal frame it's a sloppy fit, so I'm sure a little bit of heat would resolve that.