Contemporary bowl in black "For critique"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George Foweraker

Established Member
Reaction score
This bowl is turned from Beech 240mm x 100mm and sprayed with Acrylic paint.

DSC01433.jpg

DSC01435.jpg

This one I like. I like the symmetry and the simplistic feel it has. Makes me think of a meditation bowl. I personally prefer the black and white effect this way round somehow not so 'in your face as white bowl with black ball.

pete

HI George

I like this one with a black bowl and white ball, I wasnt keen on your last one but was unsure why now I think it was because the colours were reversed, strange.

john

Nice, but to my soul the two sharp angles on the edge make it a bit..................... unharmonious.
Sorry.

laird":1xiwbghi said:
Nice, but to my soul the two sharp angles on the edge make it a bit..................... unharmonious.
Sorry.

I love it for that very reason :) The flowing lines delineated by the sharp edges. If I ever get to your level George I shall be a very happy man.

George,you're definately getting the hang of these cut out bowls 8) They are getting better with each one. Again the sphere looks spot on without a recess(or one so small it can't be seen) and the more matte black is a winner for the look. Maybe cut outs that reach right down to just above the base would give an even better profile?
Great looking piece 8)

JT

Sorry I'm a bit late George, been at the caravan for a few days!

Like this piece a lot, especially the lines and the way they flow. Much better in the black too. Size of the ball is spot on for me, like the fact the paint is matt as well, breaks away from the white porcelain look a bit.

Take care,

Lee.

Back