Completed projects

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worsley947

Established Member
Reaction score
These are a few projects that I have completed lately, your comments please
First up is my exam peice a bedside table in Ash and Cherry

CabinetMaking014.jpg

So I made another one so that I had a matching pair

CabinetMaking005.jpg

Next up is a toybox I made for my 2 year old granddaughter its made out of American White Oak, since I took the photos I have fitted a soft close hinge for saftey

CabinetMaking016.jpg

and this
CabinetMaking018.jpg

Then this is a table for a friends daughter to put her computer on, its made from Ash for the legs and Afromosia the top and rails, still needs to be sanded and oiled

CabinetMaking021.jpg

and this

CabinetMaking020.jpg

Thanks for looking and comments welcome
Dave

How do I get the photos to be on here when you look at the message instead of a link to photobucket as I think I must be a bit thick as I have asked before and still dont know :oops: :oops: (hammer)

Not my area of expertise but I seem to remember you go to add attachment, choose file (your photo bucket), then when its loaded click add the file.

Hope it work. I'll take a look tomorrow to see how you got on.

add image tags around those links:

Code:
[IMG]http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae311/worsley947/CabinetMaking014.jpg[/IMG]

Bedside cabinets

Good
Like the design
Like the use of materials and finish
Very elegant and light

Bad
in the pic with the drawer open
It looks like the lock isn't quite flush with the back
and the dovetails look to be hazed over with Cyno
the grain on the left leg of the left table slightly spoils the look for me

Toybox

Love that design very chunky ( shouts I'm kid proof) and should take a lot of abuse
Only thing i would suggest though is fitting one or two lid stays ( piston type)to stop it slamming onto little fingers rather than soft close hinge

Desk

Nice and simple and will look really good when complete

All in all Some very nice work very good use of design and a good range of skill being shown
Well done =D> =D> =D>

Roger

goldeneyedmonkey":3870lmuk said:
RogerBoyle":3870lmuk said:
Cyno Roger
... can you elaborate what Cyno is please Roger? Is it just an adhesive brand? Cheers _Dan.

Yes
Cyanoacrylate glue
Its the common name for superglue or mitre bond/mitre fix

In the photo it looks like a slight misting effect on the wood which is the same as you would get with a two part Mitre bond

Roger

Hi Roger, no its not glue its the oil used to cover all the surfaces, apparently this is normally how its done the same thickness as the drawer front, so i'm told at college
Hi Andersonec yes the are rebated in so the back edge of the panel sits in the rebate
Dave

worsley947":1xx8zek5 said:
Hi Roger, no its not glue its the oil used to cover all the surfaces, apparently this is normally how its done the same thickness as the drawer front, so i'm told at college
Hi Andersonec yes the are rebated in so the back edge of the panel sits in the rebate
Dave
I see LOL
Still very nice work though

Roger

Those bedside tables are beautiful I wish I could produce something half as good as your projects....Very well done !

Do you have a dummies guide for me for the bedside tables :D

Dave

Quick question, although this was posted a while back... the toybox looks frame and panel style so that there is room for movement. How is room achieved on the bedside tables. if that central panel expands even slightly, won't it blow out all the mitered joints?

I ask because i did something similar, however much smaller, and then saw a video on the woodwhisperer where he showed on a chess board how the expansion had completely messed up the mitered frame...

If you create your own veneers, of about 2-3mm thick, do you still think there would be some movement issues?

Hi Dave I can confirm that it has an mdf panel with hardwood lippings and is veneered over the complete top and lippings with cherry and ash then ebony strining so no movement issues
Dave

Back