bowl critiquing please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one. Turning looks fine and I like the black back. For me, the rim on the front looks a little prominent, taking a bit away from the flow of the shape. Only a nitpick though.

Not bad at all for #6!

I think the inner raised rim is too prominent. And the black, though a nice effect in itself, is perhaps too shiny for what is quite coarse grained timber, it may be better more matte on this particular bowl. Not sure, but It might look better still with a slightly dished outer rim, not flat as it appears in the photos. Let's see what others think.

If you can cut and paste the link code the picture will come up straight away. I can't see any problems with it and I'm sure it will find a good home. Like everytning else the more you do the better and more confident you will get.

Well Mike i'm afraid for me you have spoiled a gorgeous looking lump of timber by painting the outside :?
The paint doesn't do anything to the bowl for me and i just can't see why you have painted it.
The timber would have been plenty on it's own to look at and admire.
Nicely shaped bowl and finish though,on the inner :lol: and i love the bead detail.
Great work for your 6th :shock:

i partly agree with you paul. i sprayed it to see what it turned out like and i like it, but for this piece of wood i think it would have been better without.
its more for a bland grained wood.
thanks

I'm sure you will come across plenty of bland looking timber Mike to practice on,but grain and colour like this don't come up very often :wink:

Latest posts

Back