Another Family member joins the spinny world.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Linden (youngest Grandson) decides making a mess in the shed is good fun.
smDSCN1226.JPG

smDSCN1227.JPG

No WIP pictures as Grandad was in sole charge and too busy bonding etc.

It's great when they get involved isn't it. Mine love it but prefer to finish it by only a little sanding....how many left to convert Chas?

pete

Great work Chas & Linden,

it reminded me of the Saturday afternoon's I used to spend in the garage with my Grandad back in the 1970's ' messing ' with bit's of wood under supervision.

Steve

Welcome aboard Linden :D
You have a decent teacher their with you so be gentle with him. :D :lol:
Lovely looking bowl and a lot better than my first attempt :(

Bodrighy":2x9fz752 said:
....how many left to convert Chas?..
Only a small tribe here Pete, that's the last of the young-uns.

There's still the boss and my own kids, the former has an aversion to shavings as you know that somehow evolves into a constantly growing order list, the latter? well they wouldn't want to do less well than the kids would they. :lol:
Tomorrow sees a day in the shed with would be (female :D ) turning company though so the pleasures of sharing the hobby continue.

Linden,

Well done there, bet you had a great time. =D>

Chas,

Best time it the world, I love the grand kids coming over, never done anything that ambitious but there is lots of time. :D 8)

well done Linden. That is a great bowl, very well made indeed.

Well done Chas you must be very proud.

Frustrating thing is these kids seem to be able to achieve in a few minutes what it took me weeks to sort out.

Had two others yesterday along to find out what turning was all about, 15 yr old following up a long standing request to learn more was a little tentative with the tools but walked away all smiles with a credible piece, the 12-13 yr old just plowed in and bossed the tools, just to show big sis how it was done and achieved an almost sanding free outer to her bowl in a bit of lightly spalted Beech.

Latest posts

Back