You tube locking up

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
The past week trying to watch videos at you tube some will not load when you push the play button but seem to keep trying but will not upload, some work but not all.

Anyone experiencing this?

And the solution?

Hi devonwoody I have been having the same problem most annoying I have reset every thing my end but no improvement :x

I think if you Google 'current YouTube web status' or similar, there's a site that will tell you when a particular major site is down or experiencing problems.

Yeah i get the same. it took over 2hrs the other night to get one video to load. Tried earlier again as i was looking for something for a member, but same again. So have given up on it for now.

I think its a you tube problem they can't keep up with demand but I may be wrong I usually am
I'm on virgin cable

How fast is your broadband? If the videos are HD you may need to lower the playback reolution to 360

Tom K":cyjdoovi said:
How fast is your broadband? If the videos are HD you may need to lower the playback reolution to 360
Virgin 60meg for me and it isn't every video, most of the videos i have tried don't even have HD option as they predate HD. :lol:

Perhaps the kids back to school will give us oldies some peace and viewing time. :wink:

Last week of their holiday was always a difficult one to fill up their time I recall.

It's a virgin problem. They have their own YouTube proxies and they are constantly doing this. And Virgin deny any known problems and have done for years. Their forum is full of complaints.

Also you will note that the adverts never suffer. Odd that isn't it....

It's because they play more often so are cached on virgin's proxies. Your playback issues are usually on stuff that's not cached, so really popular vids will be ok.

So could I tell virgin they are not maintaining their broadband contract with me or something and therefore they are breaking their contract with me and wind things up a bit?

Latest posts

Back