Work Sharp The Wood Tool Sharpener WS3000 model

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AS you can see its not the finished article :?
It has a ply base which is shaped to go round the lump on the top of the motor the block with the Pivot/lip is attatched to that.

the post at the back held on by cable clips is surprisingly tight but will be replaced once i am happy that this setup is the best i can do/ I will probably just glue the ply to the motor?

the bar accross the top with the 2 screws works very well.
I set it with the blade in place and it keeps the blade in contact with the disk but you only have to lean the blade at an angle to get it in and out after that so you dont have to fiddle with them again.
I tried a chisel in there using just one side and it kept to 30 degrees perfectly - you just have to keep the edge of the chisel up to the side support.
You dont need to do this on the worksharp it was just a test and it seemed to work! :D

anglegrinderjig001.jpg

anglegrinderjig006.jpg

Just taken delivery of the WS3000 and I am pretty impressed with it, on the whole it seems to do what it should and certainly to me seems more user friendly than the Tormek 2000 which it has replaced. I have watched with interest the different ideas for jigs to hold the wider blades. My own solution is to use the Axminster Deluxe honing guide with the roller removed and held against the support bar, works a treat for less than £8 see here. http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Axmi ... -22293.htm

The only criticism I would make is that it is some what slow at regrinding a bevel however once done re-honing seems quick and easy. I like it.

Richard

Back