Skelton dovetail saw pass round.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Evening All, (Jacqueline here actually)

As you can imagine, we've happily been quite busy of late, so apologies for our late reply. Thank you all for your encouraging words, we are glad that you all enjoyed using the saw. It's also nice to be recognised by other Saw Maker's around the globe such as Pedder - Thank you. I've noticed that there has been some interest in the new Carcass Saw - this is now available for sale and if you email me with your interest I can in turn email you back all of the specifications ...however, I know that you are all largely concerned with the price, so I can confirm that it is £275 and can be bought in either rip or crosscut £520 for a pair. I am in the process of re-writing and updating information for the website, which will be implemented probably in a few weeks time. We may also include a blog ..so watch out for that one!

In other news... If you take a look at the Lie-Neilsen Website you'll note that Shane has now become the authorised Saw Doctor for LN saws in the UK. If you need your LN saw re-sharpening give us a call for prices etc.. Don't forget however, Shane will sharpen any saws, so just call or email.

I noticed that Shane was working on a drawing of the next saw last night, so am sure that this will make an appearance probably around the Autumn if not before!

Just one last thing I noticed Douglas, that you said that you were surprised that the saw had made it around without getting lost, well funny you should say that...as we haven't actually received the saw back as yet! If you could email us at [email protected] with the tracking number that would be great and I'll chase it up. Some good photos by the way :)

Think that's about all for now - but as I say we are only an email / call away and that's the best place to catch us

Thanks again

Jaq & Shane

Hi Jaq and Shane,

are you going to make a full line of saws? A few years ago I lost an ebay auction regarding a Kenyon tenon saw. The seller was kind enough to send me his pictures to publish them:
Kenyon+broken+Ogee1.JPG

More here:
http://pedder-altedamenauskiel.blogspot ... andle.html

HTH

Cheers Pedder

Hi Pedder

Fantastic photo of what I believe to be a very early Kenyon Saw (Pre-London Pattern) Have never seen one before with a fishtail. Yes, the saw range will be increasing and I also hope to include some limited editions of the rarest English saws. The Skelton Saw range will eventually comprise of 10" Dovetail / 12" Carcass / 14" Sash / 16" Tenon and 19" Tenon.

Hope you are well Pedder and thanks for the picture.

Best regards

Shane

Hi Pedder. The sudden change in direction from the bottom rail to the sweep of the lambs tongue would have been a contributing factor to its fracture at that very spot. A definite weak point within its shaping. The condition of those saw teeth is a bit of a shocker. I wouldn't feel too disappointed not winning that saw on ebay.

Stewie;

Hi Stewie,

I lost for about 200 $, so it wasn't even close. At 50 $ it was my highest bid on a saw ever, though. I like the shape of the lower ogee curve and the short horns. It makes the saw at least as special as the Saw wich was pattern for Jaq and Shanes dovetailsaw wich left a big rumor in 2009, after Chris Schwar published his blog:

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/woodw ... ocking-saw

every sawmaker made one saw at that time, I collected some on my blog:
http://pedder-altedamenauskiel.blogspot ... ilsaw.html

Let me say I find the skelton saw the best. The transition to the spine makes the design lighter.

Cheers
Pedder

Hi Pedder again!

This is the most we've been on here for a while. Thanks for the comments and the link. To be honest, I thought that the Kenyon was cheap (Regardless of condition) It could've been sympathetically restored, however just to own a Kenyon of that age would be fantastic! Let me know if you find another!!

Cheers

Shane

Jaq & Shane, since speaking I got a txt confirmationfrom UPS of delivery (12.20 pm today), signed for by your surname. I assumed all was OK??... will call you tomorrow am

hold on... am I a day late on this :shock: Please tell me you have the saw and Bern's guide???

Just to let you know that Saw No 10 is safely back home now - Thank You Douglas!

Loving the Dovetail Marker too Bern :)

Have a lovely evening

Jaq

Many thanks Jaq and Shane (and indeed Chris Tribe) for the passaround.

Being able to experience the the quality of Shane's workmanship and standards at first hand made a lasting impression on me and I'm sure I'm not alone in that sentiment.

I'm absolutely delighted with the dovetail saw by the way, it fits like a glove!

The new carcase saw looks really tempting........ :D

matthewwh":1svti875 said:
Many thanks Jaq and Shane (and indeed Chris Tribe) for the passaround.

Being able to experience the the quality of Shane's workmanship and standards at first hand made a lasting impression on me and I'm sure I'm not alone in that sentiment.

I'm absolutely delighted with the dovetail saw by the way, it fits like a glove!

The new carcase saw looks really tempting........ :D

I couldn't agree with you more Matthew and I would like to say that the passaround by any company is a very generous and potentially dangerous thing to embark upon because you have to be darn sure that what you are passing around for review is up to the mettle.

Fortunately..in this instance..not only are these saws up to close inspection..they go beyond that and it was a real privilege to be part of this particular event.

As far as owning one is concerned...unlike you Matthew...I have the breaking strain of a bleedin' KIT KAT....so I'll let you know what the "other" saw is like after my birthday! :wink:

Thanks to Chris from me too...and also Bern whose superb dovetail marker was a fine "thank you"...I only wish I could come close to that quality but Bern stepped in...and that was pure class mate! =D>

Jimi

Back