Random/Orbital sander suggestions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bofh

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I was thinking about treating myself to a sander and wondered what the latest must have tool is. I'm hoping not to spend a fortune though.

Under £100 if possible but I'm open to extreme persuasion :lol:

Spend just a little bit more and buy the Metabo sx 450, it is the dog's danglies. I changed from a cheapo one about a year ago and have been very happy with mine. I know someone will recommend the Festool one but they are bl**dy expensive for what they are IMHO. :wink:

Thanks for the tip, but at just over £200 they are double what I was thinking of spending.

I've found the Metabo on e-bay for 180 with disks, think I might have to get one.

Thanks for the advice chaps, hopefully I'll have a new toy for the weekend.

Bofh

Metabo 450 if you can't afford the festie....

and since I can't afford the festool, I have the metabo! Its v good regardless, and with a lick of fluorescent green paint :lol:

joiner_sim":1uncfqig said:
However have recently been using this Mirka Air compressed sander, and it has a lovely finish! http://www.fishermotorfactors.co.uk/product-10944.wtl

I can't remember the exact figures now, but a recent review in British Woodworking mentioned that it consumed a massive ammount of air, much more than a small workshop compressor could deliver, about 15-16cfm seems to ring a bell, but please dont quote me on that.

Cheers

Aled

AEG have exactly the same sander as Metabo...same spec, etc
comes with 3 year guarantee.
and at £114 arrd from TOOLSTATION IMO is the best orbital sander for the money

Check it out.

I went for the one on ebay as it comes with the 3 yr and 25 disks/polishing bonnet and the case. Thought that was a fair deal with free delivery.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to play with it this weekend after I've finished all the other rubbish I have to do first!

Thanks guys.

The AEG is good at both, with speed and orbit adjustments to suit which type of sanding you are doing.

Is there VAT to be added on that £103????????
If not That IS a good buy

Latest posts

Back