My first thread….table saw, sander and dust extractor….be gentle….

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So as an update i went for a makita ROS, the red one, mated to some 3m sanding disks which are excellent. Got the Festool CT15 extractor, which i know is more than others but the quality should last, the filtering is good and the auto on off is a mega bonus. Virtually no dust from sanding so tick! I also bought a Dewalt trim router. Interesting to use but the dust extraction is a complete waste of space, and the wider router bits (bought a trend starter set) dont for through the plastic neck of the jig. Any ideas on how you widen that without me having a random dig at the plastic?

You surprise me about the DeWalt dust extraction I have the Makita trim router & can’t believe how good the extraction is on it, I thought all the brands would be much of a muchness.
Out of interest how large is the plastic neck? I’m wondering if it’s made that size to prevent folks using larger bits than the manufacturer thinks the router can handle.

The extraction is virtually non-existent, just sprays dust everywhere. Could be user failure of course but also could be related to the thin next. I will measure the hole in the neck and post later. Thx Doug.

Same as @Doug B , have a Makita and the dust extraction is really good. But there is also a clear plastic spouty thingy on mine. Did your DeWalt come with one? Sorry, don't mean to infer you aren't using it right, just asking.

Same as @Doug B , have a Makita and the dust extraction is really good. But there is also a clear plastic spouty thingy on mine. Did your DeWalt come with one? Sorry, don't mean to infer you aren't using it right, just asking.
Thats a reasonable question tbh! I think the makita has a straight line pipe extractor whereas my dewalt is more off set and is not vey good. I think its the design and not user failure in this case.

My dewalt trim router (corded one) has some clear plastic inserts for the dust extraction, but it is pretty good - not in the realm of the festool stuff of course but still it's not terrible. My DeWalt chop saw DWS774 however is absolutely atrocious...

Latest posts

Back