Novice in need of technical advice regarding Coronet lathe's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HungaryTurning

Reaction score
Let me 1st say a big hello to everyone ! and a quick introduction from me.....

Im Janos or Yan to my friends , 32 years young an born an raised in Derby but now living in Hungary ! Due to following my roots on my fathers side.
I brought my father back to the place of his birth , as his last request . sadly my father past away a few weeks back. We were building a small workshop out here , which is now finished. I am semi skilled in carpentry , having worked with my father from a very young age and being brought up in the workshop environment.
I have always had an appreciation of wood turning , but never took any steps to follow it up to now. I now find myself in possession of not 1 ! but 2 ! Coronet major lathe's with various attachments. a true example of traditional British engineering !

And here lies my predicament !!!
I have one lathe , standard set up , with small saw table set up on it , but nothing else ( does have to attachment bar for the planer )

The problem I have is a recently acquired another Coronet lathe , that was dismantled and brought out to me by my brother , it has come with numerous attachment , and even some little custom made devices , that i look forward to trying to figure out exactly what where and how !!!

What I cant work out at this point , and could really do with some guidance or even better some pictures or a step by step , is how to attach the planer properly , I have two washers with it ( one the same diameter as the main bar , and a slightly smaller one )
But It does not seem to line up the pulley wheel on the motor !

I just really need to some experience and wisdom on this one , knowing how popular the Coronet lathe's are and were im sure there are plenty of you out there that could give me some guidance ?

I will happily load up some picture tomorrow !

Well I await your wisdom thanks for taking the time to read this and offer any help :)

Hi Andy !

Thanks for the reply and the link ! Im quite familiar with the site , and the pictures. But none of them help me work out the exact set up of the washers and how to get it aligned with the motor pulley. Also the nut that tightens , if i can call it a nut , as it is completely round with holes in. I think I saw a tool that would tighten this but have misplaced it at this time , just wondered if anyone could confirm from the horses mouth as such !

thanks again !

Back