Record Power lathe bar swap anyone?? My longuns for your shortuns

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tallis

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a Record Power CL3 with an adjustable base. It has the long bars - I think these create 36" between centres.

Realistically I never use the full length as I prefer to turn bowls and smaller items and to be honest it just takes up too much room.

I spoke to Record and they no longer make the bars - but that the family of lathes use the same diameter bars. Rather than buy a whole second hand machine just for shorter bars, and definitely to avoid the temptation to just cut my long bars down (that seems a tragedy) - I wondered if anyone has the same sort of bars but a shorter set that would still work on the adjustable base unit.

It's in storage at the moment but there is a listing on ebay that looks to be the same model and length as mine - here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/23546789...pciaYqA4yhXNPU1JyfR3jaxv4J8zNqpRoCWA4QAvD_BwE

I stress that's not my lathe nor my listing - just posting as it is a good photo.

The lathe bars are in storage near Northampton, just 15mins from junction 18 of the M1. Or, I live in Oxford. or just let me know where you are and you never know I may drive near you.

Thanks Tim

Latest posts

Back