My TS-200 table saw bought cheap on ebay is home:) *pics*

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having checked the Axminster 'log it does indeed look like the 200 Moose.

Roy.

I think that you got yourself a real bargain there mate. I bet it is just a bit gummed up...I mean...look at the problems that Tom had and the dust getting everywhere. Could even be the belt is all full of dust.

At worst...you could do a better job of the description and sell it on.

Jim

Don't know yet which day I'm going to get it yet as I am waiting on a call to let me know when he is next in the London area.

Once I do get it I'll start a thread with pictures of its condition and any problems.

For those that missed my earlier post it is a TS-200 and it is in working order albeit lacking some ooomph :)

Robert,

It's easy to be wise after an event, and I hope you get your money back.

With point and click Digital Cameras it's not difficult to make a decent picture for eBay. Anyone who can't be bothered to get that bit right isn't worth considering.

Best of luck
John

Seem to be a few people getting the wrong end of the stick here :)

Changed the thread title slightly to help understanding...

I intentionally bought it 'faulty' as it was so cheap!

RobertMP":1f3xa6zr said:
Seem to be a few people getting the wrong end of the stick here :)

Changed the thread title slightly to help understanding...

I intentionally bought it 'faulty' as it was so cheap!

Hence my comment...brilliant deal mate!

I think this will turn out nice...the guy is obviously a little sick with the deal but honouring it like a gentleman. Excellent news!

Can't blame his wife there can he...if he had done the auction himself he might have got a better top price but too late now.

Jim

I must be getting old!

As I read it, you were having problems getting your cash back;
I have the handle end of the stick now though Robert...

But I still tend to pass on items where the seller can't be bothered with a decent photograph!

Hope it works out okay, as you seem to have a good deal on that evidence.

regards
John

:D

getting a bit impatient now :)

Should have realised leaving it as 'ring me when you are next coming to the London area' leaves me hanging somewhat.

If I don't hear by tomorrow evening I'll phone to arrange a visit to the south coast to go and get it.

RobertMP":3b5i7jkt said:
getting a bit impatient now :)

Should have realised leaving it as 'ring me when you are next coming to the London area' leaves me hanging somewhat.

If I don't hear by tomorrow evening I'll phone to arrange a visit to the south coast to go and get it.

A trip to Rye will be lovely in the sunshine (if the rain doesn't come this weekend!).

Cream Tea on the seafront....quick pickup of bargain...back home again.

Jim

jimi43":c4hyb7ys said:
A trip to Rye will be lovely in the sunshine (if the rain doesn't come this weekend!).

Jim

Must be a long time since you went to Rye, Jim - its not had a seafront for over 300 years

lurker":w4ln6z30 said:
jimi43":w4ln6z30 said:

Jim

Must be a long time since you went to Rye, Jim - its not had a seafront for over 300 years

All right, all right. You can take a trip to Rye, it will be lovely in the sunshine (blah blah blah).

Cream Tea on the confluence of two riverfronts....quick pickup of a bargain....etc...etc....

Friggin' pedants!!

:D

The seller would have brought it to Dartford Monday or Tuesday to save me driving to Rye but I've said I'll drive down to Rye today and pick it up. I'm away for part of the weekend and just want it sorted (and to see my new toy!).

He doesn't have time to dismantle it into estate car sized pieces and only his wife will be there when I go to pick up. So.....

What spanners etc do I need to take the stand and sliding table off of a TS-200? Anything else need to come off for handling? I may have to get it from somewhere where it will need carrying - are the pieces one man handleable or should I take a sack barrow just in case?

I'll be leaving about 2pm today...

:)

Well I gave it a quick on and off when picking it up and it spun up OK.

Took a few pictures now I've got it home.

My web host seems to be a bit slow lately so sorry if they load slow.

The stand was racking about like a drunk thing. Didn't need a spanner to get it off virtually every bolt was loose!
saw01.jpg

carried the sliding table assembly and of course the CI table slid straight off the end! No harm done.
saw02.jpg

saw03.jpg

saw04.jpg

Plenty of free sawdust. maybe all that is wrong with it?
saw05.jpg

Seems to be a bit of wood jammed under the front edge for some unknown reason.
saw06.jpg

One thing I remembered 10 miles into the return journey was the mitre gauge! It had a huge lump of wood screwed to it so it was moved aside to get on with dismantling..... and then forgotten about. Is the mitre gauge any good / worth having? Guess I could send the seller some postage money and get them to send it.

Anyway... not bad for £51 :D

If you are intending to keep the sliding table you dont really need the mitre gauge - if you arent then you do need it and it would be worth getting the seller to send it on.

regarding the dust - extraction below the table is rubbish on the TS200 - i'd strongly suggest you do the mod whereby you remove the below table dust collector , seal up the holes with ply panels and duct tape and build a hopper on the underside of the saw and connect that to a dust extractor instead

the other thing that is worth considering before you put it all back together is whether you intend to mount a router in the right hand wing (as a lot of people do) if so you can bin the steel sheet and replace with worktop.

it is also worth considering getting rid of the stand and mounting it in a wheeled base - and building a fold down torsion box outfeed table,

you might also want to think about getting shot of the crown guard and replacing it with a suva style rig - as in my experience the above table extraction on the tS200 sucks a fat one, plus the guard sometimes jams on the work piece

this is our Ts200 at work with the mods above (except the suva guard) in place - you cant see the torsion box as its hinged down on the back. - you'll also note that we have the short fence fitted for ripping - we also have a longer one to use with the router - but i am thinking about upgrading to the axminster bandsaw fence upgrade which is square section then building in a rip fence attachment and gap router fence tothat

4445542613_78ff6c0b29_m.jpg

That is the sort of setup I had in mind when I decided to buy it.

Plenty of questions come to mind but I'll save those for a new thread once I get to work on it :).

Well maybe one for now... The fence is solid enough for the router seeing as it is only mounted at one end?

RobertMP":f0hm8fmf said:
is the fence is solid enough for the router seeing as it is only mounted at one end?

in theory yes - i have seen other people work like that - however when we are routing i put a quick clamp on the other end for fence security

I beileve the upgrade fence will be fine held at just one end once we have done that mod.

incidentally the only drawback of our set up is that the access to the router is quite cramped, but this isnt a problem as we have a T11 with abn extreme extension meaning that both bit change and height adjustment can be done above the table.

Robert I love it when one of us (us being the forum members) get a good deal. £51 well done mate, bloody well done. =D> =D>

Cheers

Mike

As I said earlier...I think you need to send his wife a bunch of flowers! She did you a real favour there mate...bargain!

Read up Tom (Wizer) thread on his fettling of that saw...I think there is enough in there to do a Masters on Saw Fettling if you are so inclined!

Get rid of all that compacted dust and I bet the belt will move a tad better too!

:wink:

Well done mate!

Jim

Robert

Looks like a great deal.

Also looks identical to my Kity 416 that I recently got from Rob. I am so pleased with it.

He had already done some mods to the extraction. Fitted a hopper under case to catch falling dust and sealed up most of the holes. I have been using it the last few days and the extraction is real good.

My task for later today is to fabricate a two into one feeder so the 63mm and the 30mm hose from the crown guard mate up to my 100mm extractor hose. Up to now I have just been using the 63mm hose connection.

Get the vacuum out and remove all that crud then I am sure it will work like new. Is that some rust I saw on the case? Get some Rust-Cure and Hammerite on that to stop it getting worse.

Well done.

Keep us informed how you get on.

Mick

Back