My TS-200 table saw bought cheap on ebay is home:) *pics*

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertMP

Established Member
Reaction score
(Thread title changed)

At least I might have done if the seller ever replies to my emails.

this is it took a bit of a punt on it as it looks like a TS-200 and even if it needs a new motor it might still work out as a reasonable price for a year old machine. if I'm wrong then at least it was only £51.

I've long thought I don't need a table saw but somehow that never stopped me looking at them. think it was Toms (wizer) thread with a picture of someones saw in a cabinet with the router in the extension that made me realise it might be practical.

Anyway just posting here because i can't do anything without contact from the seller :(

got the phone number out of ebay so I'll give it till the morning then call them.

If it doesn't work and he hasn't replied within a few days of your contacting him then i'd put in a claim for refund. I bought a thicknesser and it turned out to be bunk and because i paid a £100 for delivery it was iffy to put in a claim as i'd have to ship it back. But the pipper had no intention of taking it back or doing anything so i actually paid the return trip just so he'd not get away with selling junk. I lost big time on that one but at least i wasn't stuck with a piece of rubbish.

If you actually picked it up I'd defiantly get your money back and give it back to him. I also think that ebay should enforce that the seller be responsible for shipping the item back if it doesn't work as it is fraudulent to sell something as working when it doesn't.

I thought that they had ruled that EBay was not an auction house and as such the sellers were still bound by the distance selling regulations.

hi

have you actual tried by passing the switch with a power supply to see if the motor will fire up just to see if it is possibly a switch at fault . hc

If he doesn't want to sell it to you then he won't and doesn't have to. If you've paid via PayPal then you will (eventually) get your money back. But more's likely is that he is a bit rubbish and will make contact soon enough.

Good price. Needs some work, as you know. But it can be a nice saw. I have had a chance to use mine since I've 'fettled' it and am happy. I still need to finish a few things like dust extraction, I'll (probably) get there in the end.

Hi,

He might be away or his computer is down. You just might have a bargain, I got a secondhand rear shock for my motorbike for 99p as no one else bid on it, it should have been £70 to £100.

Pete

Not paid anything yet. Intending to pay cash on collection... if I ever find out where to collect from.

Too early to say if they are dodging it yet. Good high 100% feedback. I'll reserve judgement until after I've spoken to them.

Description is all so vague I can only look on it as a gamble anyway.

That TS Robert will have a brush motor, if the vendor has no electrical knowledge, or has and is less than honest, I would suspect that the slow running is due to an armature/brush fault.

Roy.

Digit":5wihe7z4 said:
That TS Robert will have a brush motor, if the vendor has no electrical knowledge, or has and is less than honest, I would suspect that the slow running is due to an armature/brush fault.

Roy.

Bit disappointing :( I thought it might be a TS-200 with an induction motor?

It is all so vague it could even mean the adjustment handles or the sliding table run slow!

:D

Couldn't wait so I phoned... I seem to have a bargain :)

Spoke to the guy that owns it. his wife did the advert hence the inaccuracies. It is a TS-200 and he's not sure if there is a problem or if it is just the blade being blunt! It will still cut 1" Oak OK as it is.

He works at various sites around the London area and will bring it with him one day in the next week and I'll go and collect from there.

He was a bit shocked when he found out the price but is happy to go with it :lol:

RobertMP":2bo889gh said:
I've long thought I don't need a table saw but somehow that never stopped me looking at them. think it was Toms (wizer) thread with a picture of someones saw in a cabinet with the router in the extension that made me realise it might be practical.

When I had a small workshop at home, I thought the need for a table saw not so nessecary, but I've been using an SCM and wadkin table saw at work and realise there are really a good bit of kit to have!
Hope your ebay item turns out to be good.....

space in my private workshop, when i had one was very limited! In my old job, the workshop where I was had a dodgey old knakered wadkin table saw, which never really showed me what a t/s could do. But where I work now I've seen how good they can be.

Life with out a table saw, I really got on well with my cheap one I had for 2 years, but my new SIP is like heaven.

I think you've done well there for sure!

It makes your lovely sideboard you made even more impressive that you didn't use a tablesaw to do it!

You really can get on well with just a bandsaw. But once you have used a TS then you can't go back to easily. The other thing about tablesaws is that they feature heavily in US woodworking media. Which is what we see the most.

Digit":203livea said:
That TS Robert will have a brush motor, .

assuming it actually is a ts200 it will have an induction motor. The smaller BTS10PP has a brush motor - but that picture looks like a TS200 to me.

Latest posts

Back