Man gets new tablesaw AW10BSB2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony. Must stop asking questions so you can get out and use it :wink:

Is your pics only showing the single side extension then?

Beautiful saw Tony...... but what's this :shock: A 3 hp table saw on a 13 amp plug :wink: .Wait while the blue brigade read this :) .

LyNx":3nsljd51 said:
Tony. Must stop asking questions so you can get out and use it :wink:

Is your pics only showing the single side extension then?

It's OK - work (day job) prevents play :cry:

Yes, only the single side table is shown. I reduced the length of the fence clamp rail by 300mm (size of side extension) as I won't be adding the second table on the right side due to garage size! I still get about 700mm from blade to fence which is plenty

Hi everybody!
My name is Daniele and I'm writing from Italy.
First of all, sorry for the imperfections I'll write, but I deal better with wood than English!!!!
I have just enrolled, firstly for asking something about the circular saw bench that Tony has bought (I have ordered it too!!), and secondly because I'm a member of your italian correlative forum (http://forum.il-legno.it). As you can see I like and trust on these kind of opinion exchanges.
I would like to ask to mr. Tony (he's a moderator... do I have to write formally ?? :lol: ): "it is correct that I've seen wheels under your bench saw? If so, are they like these or these"

Glad to have joined you, I promise this is the first of a million questions I'll ask in the future!!!

Cheers for now!
Daniele

Uh, sorry :oops: , but perhapse I have made an error in writing the links... I wanted to say the items # 708118 or # 100253 of the Axminster catalogue...

Welcome to the forum, Daniele. Your English beats my Italian! A shame because I do occasionally lurk on Il Legno (with the help of Babelfish) but even posting "hello" is beyond me. #-o :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Thank you for your warm welcome, Alf! :D
Il-legno community is smaaaaaaaller than this, perhaps because the woodworking activities (as diy or hobbye) in Italy are smaller than in UK or US... :( .
However, we've become a great group of friends, and we're also united in an association (A.C.I.L.) that wants to diffuse the culture of wood and the things connected.
We can think about an exchange of ideas... :wink:

Hi Tony
I have had my saw a while now and i'm very pleased with it.But mines yellow and had the dreaded "P" word which seemed to put people off now its white and £20 cheaper they are going down very well.one thing I would say double check sliding table is running true,as I set mine to instructions but took a while to get,but its been perfect since then.
enjoy Gary

ordered mine today :D :D :D been eagerly awaiting tuesday all day but just downloaded the manual from axminster looks like i will be 2 days putting it together :shock: :lol:
does anyone know what blade comes with it and a decent blade for it ? its the stupid 254mm with 30mm bore

The saw does take a bit of time to put together - a few hours rather than a few days, and be warned that some of the bits are very heavy! I put mine together without any help, but it was a struggle.

The standard set up is two table extensions on the right and the sliding table to the left. I soon discovered that this makes the saw way too big so like Dave I put one extension on each side instead and left off the sliding table.

When I bought it a month ago it came with a free 50 tooth combination blade (Perform I think), which is much better than the standard 30 tooth thing that was pre-installed.

One thing I really like about Axminster is the service that you get even from the delivery drivers (who are also employed by the company at least for the heavy good deliveries). I arranged a time directly with the driver and he showed up exactly on time.

The saw looks to be the same as the SIP and the Fox that Rutlands sell except the sliding table is included and it is cheaper.

Make sure you put it on a mobile base, because at around 250kg it is not willing to move far without wheels.

Regards

Jonathan

Hi, I have just bought the Axminster AW10BSB2, got it set up yesterday and it is a great saw a lot better than my old Bosch, the only problems are I can't read the scale on the tilt as the pointer is hidden behind the rise and fall hand wheel which moves with the pointer, am I missing something here the only way to see it clearly is to remove the rise and fall wheel and replace it afterwards, which does not seem to be right, also I have not checked if the blade is parallel to the mitre slot as it does not mention how to adjust it in the manual, it may well be parallel and not need altering, does anybody else have this problem.

Thank you
Pat,

It is a good saw and mine as been reliable, I agree it could be difficult to read the angle settings but I only use 45% and do a test cut each time using the mitre gauge (so little wastage) and that setting is easily readable.
Other settings, a mirror held in place might solve your problem and doing a test cut anyway will get you there which is almost mandatory anyway.

I use a good quality 60T blade and if ripping small pieces I dont change over to the ripping blade.

Thank you for your reply, but when I turn the tilt wheel the rise and fall wheel moves as well so the pointer is always behind it and can only be seen at an angle, I have got in touch with Axminster and they said that is the way it is made, I have bought a GemRed Digital Angle Gauge which has solved the problem, it is very accurate, as I will be doing segmented turning accuracy is a must.
Pat

murphy":2huu4zri said:
Thank you for your reply, but when I turn the tilt wheel the rise and fall wheel moves as well so the pointer is always behind it and can only be seen at an angle, I have got in touch with Axminster and they said that is the way it is made, I have bought a GemRed Digital Angle Gauge which has solved the problem, it is very accurate, as I will be doing segmented turning accuracy is a must.
Pat

I've got the 12" version and you're right the position is very poor, but to be honest I wouldn't put much faith in that kind of angle setting anyway [I could just be cynical] and I too have just bought the cheap magnetic GemRed unit from Axminster. Unfortunately I can't use it until my wife gives it back in a fortnight!

Latest posts

Back