macmillan charity workshop open day 2015

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks just wanted to say a big thank you to everybody that supported this event hope you all enjoyed the day it was a great social event but as you know it was also to raise money for a really worthy cause that is very close to my heart the total so far we have raised is close to £1500 =D> :D :p there was one person absent today I think maybe have been looking down on us so Richard T I hope we did you proud so thank you all again my self and Richard are tired and dusty ( so no change there then ) and I have a new witch :) hope to see you all again soon Kate and Richard :lol:

An absolutely superb day...so much effort was put in behind the scenes and this was evident in so many ways!

I am still buzzing from the large number of fine coffees you provided Kate...much appreciated!

And Richard...my mate in Costa Rica at the mission said a HUGE thank you for the skew rebate plane...he was very touched by your generosity in sorting out such a perfect example for his needs.

I have some pictures too but it being close to 3am I shall have to post them tomorrow if that's ok...

Just wanted to say a big thank you!

Jimi

Huge thanks to Richard and Kate for organising this, no small undertaking at all. Well done Ollie for adding the barbie too. As before a great crowd and the time flies by. If you thought of maybe going but didn't here are my own 10 reasons why the 320 mile trip was worth every mile (in random order):

- Sarah Carter's cakes
- using a few of Richard's planes
- seeing Ollie's workshop and w.i.p
- trying Richard Maguire's one-hour woodie smoother (which works annoyingly well =D> :shock: )
- managing to not buy anything until 5pm.... and then, oops
- using Andy toolsntat's treadle lathe, knitting machine and scroll saw, and generally nattering with Andy
- sitting on Pete M's s ultra-comfy stool, then using his travisher (excellent indeed), examining his shop-made planes...and nattering
- drinking Kate's coffee (and washing my own mug up after) and admiring the witch*
- chatting with Andy T and receiving yet another gift from him (this time a brilliant little woodie, virtually unused).
- watching Jim 'buy the shop' :lol:

there's more but ten will do. the main thing is chatting, sharing ideas, learning, admiring the work of others - like Tim Smith's jaw-dropping infinity cabinet. If you think a couple of thou is in tolerance, take a look at that and think again. That cabinet belongs in the ten but I ran out of fingers.

Thanks again Richard and Kate, and thanks to Richard also for the iron for the Spiers (another story, I'll get some pics done and post as it's a Spiers but it's been Cartered). Stellar crowd, truly excellent day, deserves a bigger turn-out next time (there will be one we all trust?)

* I mean Kate's witch sculpture, not that Kate...

I had an amazing time! Thank you Richard for the Holbrook moulding plane and thank you Kate for the tea and cakes! It was a pleasure to see Bill Carter and Ollie's planes and to see Andy Toolntat's scroll saw in action!

And a big thank you to Andy T for driving!

See you all next year! :D

Note to the mods can this be made a sticky so hopefully we can get a bigger turnout next time.

Pete

Latest posts

Back