macmillan charity workshop open day 2015

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard what's the schedule for the day, I mean what time is kick-off / chucking - out?

Chrispy":1lkkn1sm said:
Richard what's the schedule for the day, I mean what time is kick-off / chucking - out?
Hi Chris.
There are no hard and fast rules as to times. I will be there at around 8.30 am, and will pack up when the last enthusiast leaves :lol:
Cheers, Richard.

lurker":32kd3xti said:
Is this still on ?
Very much so.
I will try and post some more details in the week but it is safe to say we will be tidying the workshop up ready for Sunday.
It's good to have a good sort out even if it is only once a year :lol:

NEWS UPDATE :D
New plane maker on the block Ollie Sparks ( http://oliversparks.co.uk/) has very generously donated this stunning miniature miter plane to raise money for Macmillan nurses. This is a stunning piece of work, and after discussing it with Ollie we have decided to offer the plane up on a sort of auction. This will give anyone who can't make it to the open day a chance of owning this little beauty. The general idea is that the plane will be at the open day and we will have a box you can post offers in. If you can't attend you can PM me bids. up to 12pm on the 6th of June. We will then announce the winner at 4pm on the 7th at the open day. I will happily post the plane on to anyone who is not there on the day.
I also reserve the right to bid on this myself :lol:
It also sounds like it's going to be a sunny day on Sunday so Ollie has suggested we set up a barbecue, so if you want to bring some grub with you please do.
PS If you want more information on the miter plane it is featured in his gallery on the website.

lurker":1l4dbm24 said:
AndyT":1l4dbm24 said:
I think an early start from Bristol is called for!

See you there.

I am going to be bitterly disappointed if you do not resemble your avatar

I've disappointed many people in my time... and it might be a bit too hot to wear my best tie and waistcoat! :wink:

It's getting close now folks :D
We have been setting out the workshop today, and here's a quick photo of some of the goodies on offer

We have also just picked up the barbeque so weather permitting we will have some food up for grabs.
The local pottery studio will also be open on Sunday for anyone who fancy's a go on a potters wheel.
Looking forward to a fun day Cheers, Richard :D

News update. Jimi of KT tools has offered to gift us a superb mallet to auction off in the same method as Ollies plane =D> .
Hopefully I will be adding photo's of said Mallet soon :)
I also thought I had better add the address of the workshop again just in case anyone gets lost :)
Its Unit 7 Dallacre Farm, Wilbarston, Market Harborough, le168fe
Tel number01536772123.
Cheers, Richard

Good I need a new fire extinguisher :lol:

Am just telling myself I don't need any more planes [-X [-X

Some photos from today, I didn't take many to many interesting people to talk to and interesting things to look at.

Rich's planes

It's good to help.

Jimi's mallet,

Ollie Sparks plane in an infinity cabinet, which was fantastic but very difficult to photo.

Bill Carters planes, fabulous as always.

Ollie's stuff, a rival for Bill.

Jimi's mallet went to Rich and Jimi got Ollie's plane.

Jimi and Ollie and some questionable shorts.

Have you totalled up yet?

Pete

I had a great time, first one I've attended, but learnt a lot. I could just get the planemaking bug, after talking with Bill and Ollie.... I see a slippery slope beckoning.

Back home in Bristol after an early start and a long drive - and so happy to have been able to join in another wonderful day. Huge thanks to Richard and Kate for their immense hospitality and hard work. Thanks to all that I managed to talk to and apologies to all that I didn't. There was just so much to say to so many lovely people, so many fascinating things to look at and admire and a few nice souvenirs to bring home too.

Here are a few random snaps from me.

Ollie Sparks and his fantastic coopered jewellery cabinet

20150607_131549_zpsv95kmtbf.jpg

Toolsntat Andy knitting his own socks

20150607_135422_zpsqmaep3da.jpg

How to plane the Richard Maguire way

20150607_145934_zpsweq7e2kq.jpg

and the Richard Arnold way

20150607_115053_zpswt1apiqm.jpg

Planes old

20150607_145916_zpscq2szgiy.jpg

and new

20150607_125550_zpsq6kfr1iw.jpg

20150607_110741_zpsizq4k70r.jpg

Thanks again to everyone.

It looks like I missed a great day out - I'm really sorry I couldn't make it owing to being on holiday in Cornwall.

Back