Lidl - 12th November

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the Aldi version if the sandpaper a while ago. The coarser grits are usable but nothing special. The wet and dry is useless. I don't know of its the same stuff at Lidl that Aldi sell but it did look pretty similar.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I was in Norwich just after 5.30 pm and the Drayton Road branch had several sets of chisels and at least twenty Japanese saws.It will probably be the weekend before I put mine to the test.

Put the cordless drill, sanding kit and saw in my basket. Paid for drill & sanding kit then got home & realised the saw must have still been in the basket! #-o

Now sorted thanks to my good lady who went there in her lunch break and picked one up for me :D

How is everyone finding their japanese saw? Tried cutting few plugs/dowels flush to the surface however it damages the surface pretty much everytime... sure its faster however no such problems when cutting them with just knife.

Not much luck here. Noticed a crack and the next minute it fell off
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 85
transatlantic":22wnueyf said:
Not much luck here. Noticed a crack and the next minute it fell off

I suggest that you return the chisel to Lidl as soon as you can.

When I had trouble with the Pillar Dril that I bought for £50, I sent a copy of the Till Receipt and description of the problem (broken emergency stop button) to Lidl and eventually they replaced the entire Pillar Drill.

You may have to take back the whole set.

On the other hand, you may decide that it's NOT worth the effort and just grind a new edge.

With best wishes.

MC

PS Does anybody know if the 13 x 457mm sanding belts sold by Screwfix will fit the Lidl Power File, please ?

sitefive":7yt0yx2r said:
How is everyone finding their japanese saw? Tried cutting few plugs/dowels flush to the surface however it damages the surface pretty much everytime... sure its faster however no such problems when cutting them with just knife.

the trick with this is to put a sheet of greaseproof paper between saw and wood - should stop that and leave the barest wisp to clean off with a chisel.

Today I sharpened the chisels I bought in Lidl yesterday, and they seem to hold their edge well. I'm very impressed, four quite reasonable chisels for £6.99.

damo8604":f9e26wny said:
Stopped by my local Lidl today and picked up a set of chisels, a saw, some bits and glue sticks. There were loads of chisels and saws still

Yup, still plenty of chisels and Japanese saws in Blackwater Lidl at 5.45pm today. Guess the demand can't be as great around here.

Terry.

Knot Competent":12oc9nok said:
Today I sharpened the chisels I bought in Lidl yesterday, and they seem to hold their edge well. I'm very impressed, four quite reasonable chisels for £6.99.

My opinion too.Nice clean cuts once they had seen an oilstone and they even came with edge guards.To stray a bit,does anybody know a source for edge guards?I could do with a few more.

The sandpaper does seem to be identical to Aldi. I used some of the Aldi stuff today and the wet and dry refuses to sand anything. It wears down before the wood or paint and leaves grubby stains all over everything.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Back