Lathe wanted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi again,

I advertised recently for a Carbatec or Nova Mercury lathe, but have just seen the Record RPML 300 somewhere, so does anyone have one of these for sale? or know someone that does. I can arrange for a courier to collect if need be.

Davyboy

if you don't get that - i'd just note that dannykaye has a fox midi for asale for 125 notes (unless hes sold it since i last looked)

Davyboy":1lfvi4ld said:
Hi again,

I advertised recently for a Carbatec or Nova Mercury lathe, but have just seen the Record RPML 300 somewhere, so does anyone have one of these for sale? or know someone that does. I can arrange for a courier to collect if need be.

Davyboy

Did you get the Record ?

I noticed its ended on Ebay

Hiya,

Yes I did actually thank you, it's on it's way I'm pleased to say, but I would still consider the Carbatec or Mercury if one should come up.

Thanks again.

IMHO, with a bit of fettling, those litte Records are superb little lathes. There's nothing that I know of on the market that has as much cast iron in such a small package.
From my experience, you really need to scrape the underside of the bed ways to enable the toolrest to slide easily, and fit Bristol levers in place of the plain nuts on all the adjustments. The other mod that's worth doing is to fit a 3-phase motor with variable speed drive. And then you've got a pretty much unbeatable beast for its size :D

Thanks Dick, I'll take you comments on board, I probably will modify it, but as you say a lot of cast iron in a small package, it'll be just the ticket for what I do, although if a Carbatec or Nova Mercury comes up, I will still go for it. I do a lot of threadcutting on boxes, novelty nuts & bolts & the like so I could leave one set up for threading.

Latest posts

Back