Lathe drive belt? where to get one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alie Barnes

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a record lathe CL1 36x15

The belt is starting to slip so i need to get a new one, no luck on records website and a google hasnt helped much. does anyone know where to get one or is it easier just to ring Record?

Hi Alie
If you go to Record's website and log on (it's dead easy to create an account) then click "support and contact us" you will be able to ask them the question. I have done this three times for spares - and I always get a response from them within a few hours. Typically I enquire in the evening and by 10 a.m. I have the answer. If you then order a spare its with you within a couple of days at the most.
Great service.

hope this helps.

Cheers Dave

Try ringing Record (or a Record dealer) - alternatively,if you have an intact belt,take it to a motor factors,who may be able to supply one cheaper.

Andrew

Hi Alie
Not sure about the belts for the Record lathes but looking for a belt for my old Draper found some suppliers had them for about a tenner until I checked out my local motor parts shop and found the exact same one for £1.99, might be worth a visit if you take the belt in with you.

Cheers
Steve

Back