Hinges for Aquarium Cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukscotth

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im planning on building an aquarium cabinet but im not sure what hinges would work for it. Ideally I want the hinges to be completely hidden and the cabinet has thick corners which makes it difficult. I will include a picture of the design. If anyones got any ideas to what hinges I could use please let me know as im stumped.

Thanks very much.

Attachments

• aquarium.jpg
    aquarium.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 58
Thanks for the reply, I don't think the doors would be thick enough to have the hinge inside as they will only be around 10mm thick

Have a look at piano hinges - long strip hinges with narrow butts - available at places like Screwfix or Toolstation and similar.
Presume rust won't be a serious problem as otherwise it suggests the tank has a leak....? I have used plastic (nylon I think)corner strips recycled from industrial packaging which obviously wont rust but will need a catch to keep the doors shut. Worked OK for the lids on bird boxes but may not smack of the high display quality living room acceptable aura that swmbo may be insisting on.

Best of luck
Regards
Lawrence

From the drawing, it looks like there will be a sump in the cabinet so assume high humidity levels and potential splashes so corrosion will be a potential issue especially if it is a marine tank.

Latest posts

Back