Crazy (Christmas) Project - Belt Sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah! yes 750 w and CSR will be plenty as confirmed by your test. For future reference (for your next machine build), using flat, poly Vee or timing type belt are much more flexible than single vee type belts and to be preferred for small (sub 3" say pulley diameters).

Cheers

Bob

Now you mention using poly-vee belts that makes perfect sense. My lathe has a poly-vee and I remember seeing them on pillar drills too. Good to know for next time.

I've literally just finished fitting the tracking mechanism and it works perfectly :D :D :D. A little turn of the wing nut in either direction and the sanding belt shifts across the wheel. If I push the belt to one side with a scrap of wood it re-centres itself within a couple of revolutions.

Cool Project. I see you have a photo for the Belt Sander side from the manual for a General 100-5 Belt Sander/16" Disc Sander.
I have the same model here at our school. I'm trying to get the shaft off out of the bearings so i can replace the belts. What a pain. #-o

Any chance any one who sees this has a full copy of the manual I could beg borrow or steal? electronic format extremely welcome.

I'm just not sure how to get the shaft off or what i seem to think is a pressure fit ring on the belt sander side of the shaft that will allow me to pull the shaft to the middle of the machine to remove the belts since they seem to be locked in between the bearings until "something" is removed to allow for replacement.

Any one who reads this post : Much appreciated

Dan

Latest posts

Back