Cotswolds mini Bash - 14th July

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul.J":2d1wv9kw said:
Looking at that site Pete,isn't the bamboo platter design what Gill ans Chas are trying to achieve,or is this a different method :?: .

That one is different Paul. The bamboo is carved into the platter and then filled with resin. I have got a load of brass filings from a key cutting shop that I am going to have a go doing that with. Not as good as that but something to try. Often used to fill voids, cracks and worm holes as well.

Pete

Like the sound of the two tone keyring Dave but can't quite envisage what you did, any chance of some pics or some more description ?

Paul,

The sycamore is a turned dowel. The darker wood is then drilled down the centre to the same size as the dowel. Once the dowel is glued in place the whole piece is turned. As you can see parts of the sycamore then become visible. Sorry the photo isn't very good. I took it on my mobile.

DSC00031.JPG

Thanks Dave, got the idea now.

Just got to stop resawing large bits of tree long enough to do some actual turning some time soon.......!!!

Cheers, Paul. :D

Latest posts

Back