Barn Conversion to workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phil.p":1y3drrqt said:
VAT fraud, maybe ... just a thought ...

Maybe but I doubt it.
The tactic is to increase web presence and funnel traffic to one of the websites to make a purchase, it's not uncommon.
Usually the smaller businesses do this to try and get a slice of the pie when up against bigger more established competition on the web.

Again it seems like along time since I updated this post.

But with the arrival of some shiny new machines next week its about time I pulled my finger out and get it finished.

Some photos of progress over the last months

I decided to tape and fill the joints rather than a full plaster skim. I regret this a little as the sanding is a real pain in the A** :evil:

20160130_115534.jpg

20160130_115452.jpg

I've now finished all the sanding and half the painting has been completed. dust extraction piping and fittings arrive early next week so after the machines arrive I've got a week to connect them up before they are commissioned.

20160315_130804.jpg

20160315_130812.jpg

I've been leaving the laying of the floor to the last minute as my moisture meter says the floor is still wet even after 4 months of drying with the underfloor heating on.
but the floor has got to go down after the weekend.

I have still got the double doors to putt in that will replace the gable window, fit 2 roof windows, new door linings and sills and to make one new window to match existing. All work I wanted to complete before the new machines arrived but as we have only been granted planning permission for the external changes in the last few weeks they will have to be completed later.

More photos soon showing a near fully complete workshop.

Looks fantastic! There's something inspirational about working in a great looking space in a beautiful location rather than a depressing, bog standard industrial unit.

Can I ask why you dug the original floor up?

I get why you are doing the rest of it because its a dream workshop etc. but were you lacking head room?

You've made a really nice man space there, What a lovely workshop that's going to make!
You'll have some fun in there! Very interested in the new workshop contents when they arrive.
Regards Rodders

Only watched this thread this year, you've done a fantastic job. Where have you used as a workshop for this build? Hope your business thrives when up and running . (hammer)

biskit, Selwyn

To answer your questions the building was previously used as a cowshed and because of this the original floor was sloping to allow for slurry run off. To have installed a level floor over the existing would have increased the floor hight so it had to be removed.

The new machines came yesterday after a rush to get the floor partially laid.
There are some missing items off the order, not sure how the power feeder can be lost in transit? :roll:

But the main machines are in and are in approximate locations and have had the electrical cabling ran to them.

I fitted the wall mounted dust extractor and I've had a day working on the dust extraction pipes which is causing me some head scratching. These were a couple of jobs that a second or third pair of hands would be a great help but I'll struggle on :wink:

some pictures of the chaos

20160401_165825.jpg

20160401_165840.jpg

20160401_165911.jpg

Back