Log Cabin Workshop 3.5m x 4.5m

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahaha
In my defense, English is not my native language.
In your defence (English English, not American English) English is a right mish-mash.
I'm just reading the book 'Roman Britain and why we speak English'
It's a fascinating story, if you're that way inclined.
Brian

In your defence (English English, not American English) English is a right mish-mash.
I'm just reading the book 'Roman Britain and why we speak English'
It's a fascinating story, if you're that way inclined.
Brian
Thanks for the recommendation, Brian. I had a look at the synopsis and will add the book to my list.

It is funny, I learned American English back in Brazil so many years ago and now I live in England, my wife is Scottish and I work in a global engineering company (over 55k employees) where I spend my days virtually talking to people all over the world. I can't discern anymore all the different the "Englishes" I hear or speak over the course of one day. With all the problems that our current times have, I find fascinating how it is possible for us to connect and share knowledge, experiences and opinions (good or bad), and overcome languages barriers.
Thanks for correcting me earlier with humour. I love to learn.

Bruno

I managed to do the rest of the roof work today just in time for the rain. I still have the trimmings and fascias to finish, but at least now if SWMBO kicks me out of bed I have a dry place to sleep.

IMG_4451.jpeg

This ugly office building is at least 2.8 m above natural ground level, but after around two years of complaining to the planning authority, they said they thought it was 'probably PD'.
IMG_20200730_141358.jpg
IMG_20200730_141358.jpg

This ugly office building is at least 2.8 m above natural ground level, but after around two years of complaining to the planning authority, they said they thought it was 'probably PD'.
View attachment 180835View attachment 180835

Now that my roof is done I measured the height and I am exactly at 2.5m.
It was odd to measure as the highest point of the ground was at a corner of the building but the highest point of the building is at its apex.
Now, if my neighbour measures from his side, the building will look definitely higher to him as his land is on lower ground than mine.

Now that my roof is done I measured the height and I am exactly at 2.5m.
It was odd to measure as the highest point of the ground was at a corner of the building but the highest point of the building is at its apex.
Now, if my neighbour measures from his side, the building will look definitely higher to him as his land is on lower ground than mine.
It is 2.5m to eaves though, adjacent to a boundary rather than to apex.

Back