An Introduction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spindle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Just a quick post to introduce myself. I've been a hobby woodworker for most of my adult life and now live in the NE of Scotland. Over the last 10 years my principle interest has been turning, particularly furniture production, (I've made several spinning wheels, standard lamps, chairs, (including rockers), stools and many other bits and pieces).
I was intending to spend the day in the workshop today as it's raining here, but instead have whiled away the hours exploring this excellent site, (this could be addictive!).
I am looking forward to broadening my horizons by becoming a contributor to this brilliant and knowledgable community.

Regards Mick

Welcome Mick....

You will find that you might spend more time here than actually doing any woodworking.

I try to balance it...though I don't always succeed...especially when it's cold out there!

Have fun exploring...you will find folk really friendly around here and what these guys don't know about almost everything ain't worth knowing!

Post some of your work if you get a chance...we love pictures!

Jim

Hi Mick.

Where abouts are you? My parents were born in the NE of Scotland but on the coast - Gardenstown (Gamrie) and Fraserborough. Got a lot of relatives up your way :)

Welcome to the forum.

barkwindjammer":29d0p0hy said:
Jensmith":29d0p0hy said:
Hi Mick.

Where abouts are you? My parents were born in the NE of Scotland but on the coast - Gardenstown (Gamrie) and

Jen, I think you mean 'furry boots' ?

Probably more like:
Whaur abit ur ye frae?

Hi

Thanks for the warm welcome - I live in the Turra area so am quite familiar with Gamrie, The Broch and Blue Toon.

I'll post some pictures soon - if you promise to be gentle :)

Mick

Spindle":1ekrptvu said:
Hi

Thanks for the warm welcome - I live in the Turra area so am quite familiar with Gamrie, The Broch and Blue Toon.

I'll post some pictures soon - if you promise to be gentle :)

Mick

Ah, my Cousin lives there though they're moving outside of town to the country soon.

If you know Gamrie have you walked down the long steps to the main street? My Granny lives at the house on the corner of the road at the top of the steps and my Aunt & Uncle currently live in the white house - the next house down the steps (though they're moving soon). My great great Grandfather is buried at the old kirk yard on Moor and from there you get great views of the village.

It's a small world :)

Don't worry, unless you ask for constructive criticism people are pretty gentle ;)

Welcome, mate - good to see another woodworker from Scotland's cold shoulder (it's living up to its name today). I stay in Methlick, and was just south of Turra this afternoon, looking at a possible pellet store for the boiler.

I used to visit the caravan dealer in Fraserborough when I was in the industry 30 years ago. Can't remember the company name but it was on a farm just north of the town. (McKenzie brothers owned it).

I never could fully understand what they said - thick accent and talked incredibly quickly. :?

Used to fly to aberdeen in the winter and back same day but take a week around scotland with the rep in the summer - well.....somebody had to do it. :lol:

Bob

Latest posts

Back