Xcalibur cabinet saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBcarpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all this is my first post on this forum, just wondering if anyone is currently using the new 10" xcalibur cabinet saw from Woodford tooling?
I'm looking to upgrade my current contractor saw to something more substantial and accurate and this saw seems to fit the bill, if so I was just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with the saw and what are your thoughts on it and could you let me know the table size including the extension tables and fence rails etc

Thanks wizard i'l give it a read, and maybe drop the original poster a pm if I can't find the info there

Decided to go with the Xcaliber saw after getting some info of some owners on here and getting a few things confirmed, left a deposit with Woodford tooling and should have my new saw the end of January :D will get some pics up when it arrives

I've been thinking about this saw as well - it looks excellent. I'm not quite sure about the guard - the pictures on the site show a parallelogram guard which looks great, but from other posts in this forum the guard that actually comes with it is quite different (more standard).

Is end January currently the estimated date, or did they confirm that it will be then? I inquired a few months back and new stock was expected around about nowish - although tentatively.

theallan":3ae4rb8t said:
I've been thinking about this saw as well - it looks excellent. I'm not quite sure about the guard - the pictures on the site show a parallelogram guard which looks great, but from other posts in this forum the guard that actually comes with it is quite different (more standard).

Is end January currently the estimated date, or did they confirm that it will be then? I inquired a few months back and new stock was expected around about nowish - although tentatively.

I believe the saw comes with the "standard" type blade guard but the i'v also seen the guard you mention and it's far nicer not a deal breaker for me though and from what I'v read and seen the saw is very good value for money.
They have told me they are expecting there shipment in January and should be able to start shipping them out to customers by the end of Jan, but it will be confirmed once the shipment arrives. I have left a deposit with them to secure a machine as it seems the shipments are not that regular and the U.S. Market takes priority on orders from the manufacturer so,no guarantee when the next shipment will be.

Makes sense. Thanks for the info. I'd been half waiting for the Forth Road Bridge to reopen (I'm just the "wrong" side), but might just pull the trigger and setup the deposit at well if it will be late January :)

MBcarpentry":mwl7h904 said:
Hi all this is my first post on this forum, just wondering if anyone is currently using the new 10" xcalibur cabinet saw from Woodford tooling?
I'm looking to upgrade my current contractor saw to something more substantial and accurate and this saw seems to fit the bill, if so I was just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with the saw and what are your thoughts on it and could you let me know the table size including the extension tables and fence rails etc

I've not (yet) used their saw blades but I've been using their disposable planer knives for the past few months and they deliver superb quality at a good price. Previously I used Felder disposable planer knives where you have a choice of standard HSS or breathtakingly expensive cobalt knives, the Xcalibur knives are much closer to the cobalt in terms of longevity and wear resistance, but at a price that's slightly below the HSS variant. So they offer higher quality for a lower price. Based on that experience I'll certainly be giving their saw blades a try.

Incidentally, your thinking is on the right lines, if you want to upgrade your machine performance then the tooling is always the place to start.

Good luck.

custard":lk3n62tc said:
MBcarpentry":lk3n62tc said:

I've not (yet) used their saw blades but I've been using their disposable planer knives for the past few months and they deliver superb quality at a good price. Previously I used Felder disposable planer knives where you have a choice of standard HSS or breathtakingly expensive cobalt knives, the Xcalibur knives are much closer to the cobalt in terms of longevity and wear resistance, but at a price that's slightly below the HSS variant. So they offer higher quality for a lower price. Based on that experience I'll certainly be giving their saw blades a try.

Incidentally, your thinking is on the right lines, if you want to upgrade your machine performance then the tooling is always the place to start.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info custard, I have a Hammer p/t and was going to order some cobalt knifes for it soon but might give Woodfords a go instead. As far as saw blades go I was thinking of investing In a Forrest woodworker 2 48t combination blade they get excellent reviews but are very expensive here in the uk but I can get one shipped over from the U.S. for about 2/3 of the price

Well i'v had a total change of heart : :shock: I received a call from used machine company (that I had enquired about Hammer panel saws with a couple of months back) at the beginning of the week to say they had taken in a 2014 model Hammer K3 winner saw with 1200mm sliding table from a liquidated company if I was interested, and after a bit of haggle I have bought it for about £75 more than the cost of the Xcalibur saw which is a steal. So if anyone is in the market for the Xcalibur cabinet saw and wants to take advantage of the deposit I have paid to Woodford tooling let me know I don't want anything in return just saves it going to waste and I'm one for passing on help to anyone if I can :D

Back